Sign in to follow this  
manbearpig

I hate the Jan transfer window

Every year the idiots really do crawl out of there shells and post utter BS! We had it last year with CMS people moaning we wouldn''t sign him for 3.5 mil and it could cost us promotion, well it didn''t and it would of turned out to be a massive waste of money and we probably wouldn''t of signed Morison! Lambert is not pee''d off the board and he won''t leave he knew what the job entailed before he took it and he was given good money to spend before the season. For the people complaining we haven''t signed anyone who would you get then? Rhodes? 6 mil is a lot for an unproven striker, Maynard? Again 4 mil is too much for someone like him, Snodgrass? Leeds do not want to lose him so put a silly price tag on his head. Were strating to run out of players now that would actually improve our squad, and that is what Lambert is trying to get across, what is the point of bringing in players who wont improve on what we have got? If we do sign someone then great but if we don''t who cares? This group of players got us to 9th in the league and they are good enough to keep us up which is the main aim this season. I have every faith in all of them. What will hinder us is if other teams come in for our players and unsettle them like Charlie Adam At Blackpool last year, first he was off to Liverpool then the deal was off then Spurs wanted him then that fell through and he ended up staying and it was while all this was going on they dropped off. My last point is about QPR and TF are people really wishing they had that moron in charge of our club? Hes like the Venky''s can''t keep his nose out of team business. OK he may have lots of money but that doesn''t mean success, have you seen the players they are going for? Yes they could afford them but they have no chance of attracting big players and that is why they are in trouble they have ripped the heart out by sacking Colin and now there trying to buy every player the players that are there must feel great knowing they want to replace them. And can we focus on us not other teams like QPR your like a nosey neighbour peeping over a fence thinking the their grass is greener than yours, when in fact if you spent more time on yours it would be just as green. Now get behind the board, Lambert and the players we have and lets show the world how good we OTBC

I''ve been saying this for years, and think it should be scrapped  and either allow clubs to buy or sell all season or only during close season, at least in close season the players and club would be able to plan the league out knowing they are not going to lose key players.  

My problem is that I can''t stop myself checking the web to see if we have pulled off a signing out of the blue - only to see that we haven''t and Ican''t help feeling disappointed!

Only the final day is any fun. 

That is the way it is, and no matter what a few of us may think, we are not going to persuade the authorities to change their mind, it is here to stay, and it is the same for everyone.

Regarding TF at QPR, I tend to agree, a case in point is the transfer of Alex from Chelsea. Neil Warnock was interested in him before he was sacked, yet before Mark Hughes''s ink had dried on the contract, Alex was still No 1 target, and looks like he will still be going there. Perhaps Colin and Hughes have VERY similar tastes?! ;)

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

That is the way it is, and no matter what a few of us may think, we are not going to persuade the authorities to change their mind, it is here to stay, and it is the same for everyone.

Regarding TF at QPR, I tend to agree, a case in point is the transfer of Alex from Chelsea. Neil Warnock was interested in him before he was sacked, yet before Mark Hughes''s ink had dried on the contract, Alex was still No 1 target, and looks like he will still be going there. Perhaps Colin and Hughes have VERY similar tastes?! ;)

[/quote]

I hope so, he can take them down just as well.

Football is a joke.  

The only FAIR system is one where there  are no transfers allowed from the first day of the season to the last - under any circumstances.  But those in power won''t have that because they want a system that favours rich clubs.

The Jan transfer window is thus completely unfair and only favours clubs with money.

It''s a footballing cartel.  

The rules need changing but those that could change the rules never will.   

That''s the joke.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Football is a joke.  

The only FAIR system is one where there  are no transfers allowed from the first day of the season to the last - under any circumstances.  But those in power won''t have that because they want a system that favours rich clubs.

The Jan transfer window is thus completely unfair and only favours clubs with money.

It''s a footballing cartel.  

The rules need changing but those that could change the rules never will.   

That''s the joke.

[/quote]

Not sure that is entirely true. I would imagine Huddersfield fans and the club quite like it. It gave them the security of knowing they would have Rhodes until January. If they decide to hold on to him now then they know he is theirs for the rest of the season. And Rhodes knows that. If they want to sell they can watch the price rocket up by £500,000 or whatever a day until near the end of the window and get an inflated price, having already set up a deal for a replacement.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]The Jan transfer window is thus completely unfair and only favours clubs with money.

[/quote]

Not sure that is entirely true. I would imagine Huddersfield fans and the club quite like it. It gave them the security of knowing they would have Rhodes until January. If they decide to hold on to him now then they know he is theirs for the rest of the season. And Rhodes knows that. If they want to sell they can watch the price rocket up by £500,000 or whatever a day until near the end of the window and get an inflated price, having already set up a deal for a replacement.

[/quote]

I''m not sure if I was a Huddersfield or a Brighton fan I would enjoy the uncertainty of whether my club was going to be able to keep our best players at least to the end of the season.     A level playing field would be one where squads were decided and sealed at the start of the season, therefore meaning that any decisions throughout the season are based on football and not on money.   It would be refreshing to think that   money/finance could be taken out of the equation at least during the season.    Then let clubs regroup/rebuild or whatever during the close season.

I know it won''t happen, but can''t help wishing it would.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not sure if I was a Huddersfield or a Brighton fan I would enjoy the uncertainty of whether my club was going to be able to keep our best players at least to the end of the season.     A level playing field would be one where squads were decided and sealed at the start of the season, therefore meaning that any decisions throughout the season are based on football and not on money.   It would be refreshing to think that   money/finance could be taken out of the equation at least during the season.    Then let clubs regroup/rebuild or whatever during the close season.

I know it won''t happen, but can''t help wishing it would.

[/quote]

Yes, but as you say your solution, which I like, is never, never going to happen. I think people are rather forgetting the vices of the old system. whereby clubs with hot prospects were fighting off advances all the way through. At least with the window there is security up to and after.

I don''t think my digestive system could handle the worry of ''will X player be sold next week'' all the way through a season.  I would absolutely detest going back to the any time rule.

Good OP.

Reading numerous views on the transfer window I found myself reflecting on the dilemmas of our rivals:

QPR: spending high in the window might save them but if it does not they will have probably caused themselves a lot of damage should they go down. Whatever the opinions on Colin he did his bit in getting them promoted but he and the supporters have been consistently let down by poor management and ownership issues.

Everton: desperate for that rarest commodity - goalscorers. We might have less clean sheets than a teenaged boys dormitory but scoring has been our strength.

Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton: best players leaving or jostling for an out. Wigan appear most settled but what prospects do they have for attracting players?

Wolves look like they lack quality and need upgrading and without the sense of momentum of Norwich and Swansea.

Villa are a big club with no money and with stale players they need to shift before they can buy.

Fulham appear okay and it helps being in London.

Sunderland: O''Neill is having to manage with another manager''s players and would love to bring in his own.

Of the top sides there are African Nations Cup losses and different desperations as they fight to reach a Champions League their structures need to survive.

Then there is Norwich and Swansea - both good at home - one tight at the back and always having too much possession to be under severe pressure and the other cavalier and goal scoring. Both can sit tight as they meet their aspirations of staying up. The second season will be their biggest challenge. I see these two sides as having far less pressure in the transfer window than most others along with the fact their respective managers have considerable latitude, so much so they would easily survive a relegation and go again if they wanted.

Norwich will find it hardest to cope with maintaining home form from here on and will need two or three away wins. Above all else we need to conceed far fewer goals.

I suspect the problem with wages is that a player brought in on a scale above our current formula will see a number of players triggered to higher levels so the overall cost will far exceed the individual man brought in. The alternative will be to rock the boat of a happy tight band by paying a new individual an excess.

Beyond that, if I was going to sanction a bit of financial stretch, three points today, 28 points in total, 12 points from sure safety (although less looks likely) and 11 points above the bottom zone, suddenly looks like early consolidation rather than risk and I suspect similar half-term success in the last two seasons has been the catalyst for the loans we brought in.