Sign in to follow this  
Tommo

Dodgy speculation on Wes

http://www.squeakybumtime.com/premiership/3277/swansea-manager-brendan-rodgers-looking-to-poach-wes-hoolahan-from-norwich/

Cant see this one happening personally, as well as cant see Sinclair going to Spurs for 9m.

If we cant get anyone in then like Lambert I am more than happy with the current squad plus when Vaughan comes back he will be like a new signing for us as he really hasn''t had much game time yet. Hope he can finally put his injury problems behind him.

If this was even remotly true why would Rodgers want to sign Hoolahan to replace Sinclair? Completly diffrent types of players. Hoolahan cant play wide in a 4-3-3/3-5-1 and he''s nothing like sinclar. If you''re gonna make up a "rumour" atlease make it slightly believable.

Can''t imagine this will happen, it''s ot a better move for Wes, it''s sideways possibly. Swansea are in the same boat as us, seeking another season in PL as the main goal.

Mind you, Hooly would be closer to Ireland!!!!!!!!!

Would he honestly get in their team?I don''t think he plays that kind of game at all. His positional discipline has been questioned by a few managers and Swansea look like they are always in set patterns to me.Not worried about Wes going to Swansea.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Would he honestly get in their team?
I don''t think he plays that kind of game at all. His positional discipline has been questioned by a few managers and Swansea look like they are always in set patterns to me.
Not worried about Wes going to Swansea.
[/quote]

Spot on. Swansea''s game is based around short, quick passing and keeping possession for extended periods, whereas Wes is always looking to be incisive but is sometimes a bit flicky and careless with the ball. It''s not a match.

He can go if we get a good bid, feel he''s holding back the side to play his way.

[quote user="BW"]He can go if we get a good bid, feel he''s holding back the side to play his way.[/quote]

Laughable comment.

Please explain your views on how one of our top performers this season has been holding back the side?

He''s as bad as HoltGets the ball into the box then hits it across the goal instead of trying to shootI think Lambert should sit them down and make them watch a replay of the game, especially Shane Long''s goal - who showed that if you get into the box with the ball then shoot

We always try to accommodate Wes because he is one of our best players but it''s why we look weak in the rest of the midfield

[quote user="BW"]We always try to accommodate Wes because he is one of our best players but it''s why we look weak in the rest of the midfield[/quote]

Go have a look at the league table.

I think BW has a pointwithout Wes holding back the team we could well be in 3rd or 4th(maybe Lambert is still trying to get us into 17th place)

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

Magnificent insight again from BW.

Maybe he knows of a midfielder we are buying to takes Hooly''s spot.

[/quote]

Absolutely. Spot on. Finger on the pulse again. Unfortunately, PL can''t read this Message Board as he would surely have signed him up as his special advisor by now if he did. What a waste of talent.