Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Whitbread's contract

Big worry. Left sided centre backs of his calibre are pretty rare. We need to get him signed up quickly. But unfortunately we saw the flip side of it when we signed Howson. When a contract gets to this stage the players hold all the aces. Just keep our fingers crossed he signs again.

A couple of months ago Lambert said they were going to offer Whitbread a new contract (or words to that effect). I wouldn''t be surprised if it has all been agreed but the club just haven''t said anything - did a similar thing happen with Wes last year, when they announced his new contract they confirmed it had been tied up months previously.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Has he signed a new contract yet?[/quote]

Ring Mr Bowkett and ask him. He''ll probably ask you to proof-read anything we''re likely to offer.

I think you mean "re-signs" and not resigns there!

But yes, him and Ayala have been a rock since getting put together at the back. If we stay up he''d have no reasons to move. Lambert has shown a lot of faith in him to recover from his injuries, and I''m sure he''ll repay that faith.

I''m sure a lot of the team just want to concentrate on staying up. Any contract details can be sorted out after that has been achieved. I''m sure there are verbal conversations regarding the situation, if players weren''t happy Lambert simply wouldn''t play them.

Today, 6:59 PM

Tangible Fixed Assets anyone? is online. Last active: 26/01/2012 18:56:42 Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 03/08/2005
Posts 6,488

Re: Norwich Players Out of Contract This Year

Reply Quote

COYY!!: Zak signed a contract extension at the start of this season for 3 years

Tangible: So why were Archant reporting about contract negotiations (between the club and Whitbread)  during the first half of the season?

Up the Purists!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Today, 6:59 PM

Tangible Fixed Assets anyone? is online. Last active: 26/01/2012 18:56:42Tangible Fixed Assets anyoneTop 50 Posts Joined on 03/08/2005 Posts 6,488

Re: Norwich Players Out of Contract This Year

ReplyQuote

COYY!!: Zak signed a contract extension at the start of this season for 3 years

Tangible: So why were Archant reporting about contract negotiations (between the club and Whitbread)  during the first half of the season?

Up the Purists!

[/quote][:S][:S][:S]

[quote user="Candles blowing in the wind"]An insightful contribution there, lappinitup. Well done![/quote]If you hit the quote button on Tangy''s post you will perhaps understand my reaction. Screencaps in the reply box just don''t work any more than question marks in usernames do. Just that some are too thick to see it.Anyway, did you register on here simply to have a pop at other posters or do you have anything useful to say?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Candles blowing in the wind"]An insightful contribution there, lappinitup. Well done![/quote]If you hit the quote button on Tangy''s post you will perhaps understand my reaction. Screencaps in the reply box just don''t work any more than question marks in usernames do. Just that some are too thick to see it.Anyway, did you register on here simply to have a pop at other posters or do you have anything useful to say?[/quote]A pot, kettle,black moment there, lappinitup. Well done!