Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

My weekly BBC rant... from the website

Simeon Jackson earned Norwich a repeat of their

Premier League result two weeks ago by coming from behind to beat West

Brom in the FA Cup fourth round.

The visitors were thankful to debutant keeper Jed Steer, who tipped Jerome Thomas''s shot onto the bar.

Grant Holt then scored from close range following Elliott Bennett''s cross.

Marc Antoine-Fortune equalised after Thomas dispossessed the

Norwich defence but substitute Jackson came on to take advantage of

Craig Dawson''s error.

Norwich are now unbeaten in six games, and will be pleased

they progressed to the next round even though they rested five players.

ANYONE SPOT THE MISTAKE? Honestly, they are sH*t!!!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

Simeon Jackson earned Norwich a repeat of their

Premier League result two weeks ago by coming from behind to beat West

Brom in the FA Cup fourth round.

The visitors were thankful to debutant keeper Jed Steer, who tipped Jerome Thomas''s shot onto the bar.

Grant Holt then scored from close range following Elliott Bennett''s cross.

Marc Antoine-Fortune equalised after Thomas dispossessed the

Norwich defence but substitute Jackson came on to take advantage of

Craig Dawson''s error.

Norwich are now unbeaten in six games, and will be pleased

they progressed to the next round even though they rested five players.

ANYONE SPOT THE MISTAKE? Honestly, they are sH*t!!!

[/quote]I know its not a big deal, but it''s week in week out! Is it so hard to get the facts right, ok i''ve moved on...

They really are terrible couldnt agree more, ive seen.some shocking text, the mistake they make is allways putting us as the weaker team they are far from impartial last week it was "Norwich hold chelsea" when it should have been "Norwich match chelsea" or "Norwich take points from chelsea"

PL - I dont follow. Surely saying "Norwich match chelsea" or "Norwich take points from chelsea" also portrays us as the weaker team?They are not perfect, but Ive seen far worse from some of the sunday papers.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Oh, i was actually refering to the fact that they said that we had come from behind to beat West Brom, but hey ho [:)][/quote]Ha. Shows how much I was paying attention! [:$]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]PL - I dont follow. Surely saying "Norwich match chelsea" or "Norwich take points from chelsea" also portrays us as the weaker team?They are not perfect, but Ive seen far worse from some of the sunday papers.[/quote]Norwich drop 2 points against Chelsea?

The report contains a few inaccuracies, but nothing too horrendous (though how difficult is it to realise who scored first?)....at least the names are right! I was trying to work out who the 5 ''rested'' players were, we rotate so much - the only 2 ''real'' ones are Moro and Ruddy, Kyle being enforced; Surman and Johnson might or might not have been included on another day.

The sentence in question can be read in more than one way. I''m sure the intended meaning is that Norwich repeated their Premiership result (2-1 win at Hawthorns), and the final clause of the sentence explains how that was achieved - "by coming from behind ...". Read it again! (I can see how you interpreted the sentence.)

Rather than any factual mistake, it highlights some interesting things about how difficult writing can be. In fact, if you know nothing about football you could think that Simeon Jackson came from behind to beat West Brom! (a 3rd possible meaning)

I think in this case, the BBC are not guilty (of any ignorance about facts re. Norwich City), but I understand how some comments by pundits on the bbc can make you feel quite exacerated, Canaries United.

[quote user="plengcharthai"]

The sentence in question can be read in more than one way. I''m sure the intended meaning is that Norwich repeated their Premiership result (2-1 win at Hawthorns), and the final clause of the sentence explains how that was achieved - "by coming from behind ...". Read it again! (I can see how you interpreted the sentence.)

Rather than any factual mistake, it highlights some interesting things about how difficult writing can be. In fact, if you know nothing about football you could think that Simeon Jackson came from behind to beat West Brom! (a 3rd possible meaning)

I think in this case, the BBC are not guilty (of any ignorance about facts re. Norwich City), but I understand how some comments by pundits on the bbc can make you feel quite exacerated, Canaries United.

[/quote]maybe the english language isn''t my strongest point, but at no point have we "come from behind", i''m struggling, help me out.

[quote user="plengcharthai"]sorry Canaries United. I got that wrong. We didn''t come from behind! Sorry. See your point now. [:$][/quote]that''s what i mean, they are rubbish [;)]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16780757.stm

Try this one for size. Worst part of this is they link to the article which shows them up.