Sign in to follow this  
ncfc-tom

Saturday's game.

Hi guys, not a prolific poster by any means so try not to shoot me down...

Just seen on sky sports that qpr seem to be struggling for players. Traore carrying a knock, helguson doubtful, both round out, young carrying a knock, Barton out and reserve gk out. Good times

Very pleased to see that Barton is out for this game, he''s been very influential in the games I''ve seen him in.Starting to look on this match as an important one for our season, it''s starting to be mentioned that we haven''t won in 4 matches.

If they are missing Helguson as well as Barton, I think we will win for sure. He''s been scoring quite few for them recently, and although I have''t been watching them i''m sure Barton is also key, and SWP has probably been providing a few crosses for Helguson to get on the end of.

And swindoncanary, you mention not winning for 4 matches, its quite strange to think that out of 12 games, this is our second block of 4 games without a win. I think that really shows the gulf between the top teams and the lower teams (7 points between Arsenal in 7th and Villa in 8th, and only 6 points between Villa and Bolton in 18th...). We maybe aren''t actually doing as well as people might suggest (although the fact we have wins, aren''t in the relegation zone etc is still amazing and a wonderful progression) but then how easy would it have been to get much better results? If we had gotten better results at games we thought before hand (or after) we should have done better, Chelsea maybe, WBA, Stoke, Blackburn, maybe even Man.U we would then have picked up enough points to be on par with the top teams which is very unrealistic.

A win against QPR, I think is necessary. Its too early to start panicking really, but if we lose to QPR we then go to Man.C who even if resting a few players for facing Bayern a few days later are still going to be a very very hard team to play, and as much as I would like to think we can get something it just seems impossible (for anyone in this league at the moment) to get anything away at Man.C and then our home form is looking pretty shaby when Newcastle who have only lost to Man.C come to Carrow Road. So if we don''t beat QPR, we could be stuck on 13 points for a while which would be very damaging and a huge test for Paul Lambert and the players.

But I think we will beat QPR....

QPR are not the pushovers we might of thought earlier in the season.

As long as we get the rub of the green, I am confident of a repeat of last years (h) scoreline

Meant to add, that I keep remembering what Paul Merson said at the beginning of the season, that he couldn''t see us keeping a clean sheet all season.

I keep praying that it will arrive soon, and we can follow it up with a few more, perhaps this Saturday............

Clean sheets are vital,as I am sure you would all agree :0

QPR will have a hungry, eager to impress boothroyd ready to continue his scoring exploits. I think the home game against them as come at the right time.

This game at the start of the season would have been put down as a possible must win. Now I think it is a must win to get some momentum and to keep our consistent point gathering on a role.

We are three points clear of the relegation zone and again can move clear of the bottom two who are beginning to flounder. We have to take advantage of Wigan and Blackburns current situation. Bolton are also struggling. But we need to begin to pull away again from them.

I am not confident, I never am. But I believe that Lambert and our players know how important the game is and hence that it could be a must win.

Some people say it is not a must win in the context of the whole season yet, but to beat those around us, to keep our points ticking along and to get confidence installed back in the team it is essential.

I can''t wait. Not bothered about the top 5-6 teams games with us, they are reward for the promotion. But I want us to stay in this division hence these games mean more and I get more excited about them.

If we are up for this, prove we want and need it more. Then we will win. If we don''t then we will struggle whoever is in their line-up. Time for their fringe players to prove a point and time for our players to prove a point after performance levels dipping over recent games.

Can''t wait