Sign in to follow this  
curly_whirly_tipz

Watching training

Hiya

I know supporters are able to watch the players train on Friday when they are playing on the Saturday - so i assume I will be able to this Friday.

My question is have any of you done this? Is it popular or will I look like a bit of a lemon lol? Also are you able to have any contact with the players for autographs etc?

Any advice would be greatly appriciated :)

I used to go regularly when Worthy was in charge and you could get autographs from the players easily then. I think that they now come out and go directly the other side of the hedge so it''s more difficult. I don''t think you see anything too exciting during the training as it''s the day before a match. A bit of five a side will probably be it. If you''ve never been before though it''s worth a look , you get a feel for the team spirit as the players have a good laugh during training.

I''ve been a couple of times this season and I thought it was well worth a visit. There were about 5-10 people there when I went. Players were more than happy to sign things, though as mentioned above, they usually walk past the other side of the hedge but were ok to still sign, as long as you don''t mind doing so over the hedge (so to speak!!).

I wanted a signed shirt completed and was happy to get Lambo, Culverhouse and a few players on my shirt that I had orginally missed from last year.

Thank you for your replies - very much appriciated. I have been down club shop this morn to buy another home shirt so I can get it signed and framed as £40 for the shirt is far cheaper than the £180 the shop charge for a signed and framed shirt lol.

You have made me laugh early in the morning with your "will I look like a bit of a lemon" worry. A very quaint turn of phrase :-)

Thanks for all of your replies. I am just back from the training ground - got pretty much everyone to sign my shirt including Lambert and Culverhouse. Just awaiting Ward, Vaughn and Ayala to be fit to get them too! Got Whitbread too - he was training alone.

Definately worth a visit if you want signed memrobillia!

Ayala must have been brought in with first team player in mind, rather than cover?

With Martin and Barnett combining well and Ayala on his way back, might not bode well for Whitbread or Ward one way or the other. But nice conumdrum to have with the added play that RM has adapted so well to playing in central defence.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Ayala must have been brought in with first team player in mind, rather than cover?

With Martin and Barnett combining well and Ayala on his way back, might not bode well for Whitbread or Ward one way or the other. But nice conumdrum to have with the added play that RM has adapted so well to playing in central defence.[/quote]

It''s good to have them all, I think. RM will probably have to cover at right back if Naughton gets injured/suspended and, like you, I suspect Ayala was intended as a first choice centre back (providing his performances merit it, of course). We have been quite lucky with injuries these past few games, which is not likely to continue through the whole season. I have no idea where Lambert and his staff see Whitbread and Ward in the pecking order; will either replace De Laet on the bench when fit again?

You did well to get so many in one go. I would go down myself next week but I''m not sure when they''ll go to Villa. I would have thought Friday lunchtime/ afternoon but sometimes they go early.

Im not sure either but if they advertise on website about it next week then I am sure they will be there for msot of morning. The started just after 10:30 today and finished bout 12. There was quite a lot of people there - prob due to half term - but the players were all obliging to sign things etc.