Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

1st half atsmosphere

I never knew how no one got hurt after a goal was scored

memorable game was at home to Blackpool in the early 70''s and we were 4 up at half time, Foggo crossed from the south stand and Cross nodded it in, in front of the Barclay

there was always that few seconds of delay before everyone surged forward, my bloody shoe came off, I was still trying to find it when we got another goal, finally found it at half time. which meant no brown and mild sat out of the back of the Barclay at half time

otherwise it is impossible to describe the atmosphere

a mate did say a while back that it was like remembering mights in the packed out local boozer hearing a great band, then many years later being at one of their funerals with the church packed out with family and local dignatories sat in silence listening to one of their songs being played

yes it is the same music, but ........

....... in so many ways it isn''t

There have been many changes in the game of football over the years which has had an effect on atmosphere. One of these is the style of football. Not so long ago a ball being passed the width of the pitch and back again whilst looking to build an attack would after a few minutes be greeted with frustration from the fans. Kick and rush or a Huckerby getting the fans to their feet is a great atmosphere creator but the game has moved on. We have all heard of the Highbury Library, the atmosphere reflected the style of football played at times.

This is what is think is happening at Carrow Road at times. The game on Saturday was a cagey affair with both sides likely to score. Watching a game of chess is not a spectator sport but that is what at times we are getting at Carrow Road. We have become more patient and this puts less pressure on the players which is good.

Kick and rush or chess, I know which one i prefer.

H

That is a very valid point haisbrohacker. In response to the claim by some that we need more chanting before the game, well some hope I''m afraid with that crap music blaring out before the game.

Can''t say I''ve witnessed anything different at any other ground either.

I have always considered myself a vocal supporter but there are many times nowadays where you find yourself concentrating on the game, particularly when it gets a bit tense and I realise that I''ve gone quiet!!

Apart from that, it will always be the case, generally, that during a game it''s the players performance that encourages the crowd not the other way round.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Personally I think the atmosphere has been pretty poor for every game so far, yesterday with the exception of the last few minutes was probably the worst of the lot. Last time we were in the prem the atmosphere seemed far better than it does this time around which is strange considering we look far more capable of getting results than we did then.People turn up but for some reason a large proportion of them don''t seem to get behind the team, where I sit in Area A of the Lower Barclay is more like a morgue which is frustrating especially as the is quite a few guys in thir 20''s and 30''s who never make a sound.[/quote]

i think the atmosphere has been poor this season too but then the stewards really have gone that extra mile to be even more jumped up little jobsworths than usual this year.

and goal music is crap and i really cringe when I hear it come on on MOTD. its very "football league", we''re only one of about 3 to have it in the prem.