Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Thank God it's Saturday

Swansea will be our first home match kicking off at 3.00 on a Saturday for 6 months, the last being the 6-0 victory over Scunthorpe on 2 April.

I thought you meant Saturday just gone, and thought you were a bit crazy... no football or sport of any note (rugby = shyte) so a day of domestic duties which included acting as a temporary binner (we went on hols and our neighbours forgot to put the bins out, meaning I got to spend the afternoon lifting 3 week old rubbish sacks covered in maggots into giant garden waste sacks, then into the boot of the car which now smells like a mobile version of Ipswich), going shopping with Mrs Chops for "soft furnishings" etc etc.  Please come back Saturday football!

lol when I read this I thought you meant u were glad its Saturday today lol - that would have been an awesome layin if u thought sunday was saturday lol.

Seriously tho yea definately makes a change lol, it means I can have a pub lunch b4 KO :)

Well here in St. Kitts it was "get to know your neighbour day", so I took a four pack of beer round to see Trent, my old buddy from over the way who used to be in the navy but is entirely hetrosexual even if his moustache suggests otherwise.  We drank the beers, then a few more beers, then he brought out his collection of firearms and we shot the empty cans off the fence, then wrestled in the dirt until I had him in the Boston Crab at which point he "tapped out" (that''s American for "quit").  Then we drank some rum, ate some chips (that''s American for "crisps") and talked about football.   I told him all about Norwich City and my spell in the youth team back in 1972, and then he started talking about Highbury, where he grew up, and how one day if I was okay with the idea, he''d like to take me up the Arsenal, at which point I hit him with the empty rum bottle and ran.  I saw him this morning and he seemed okay with me, if mildly concussed, so I guess no harm done.  Anyway my point is we need more football and less horsing around, as it were.  So yes, I agree with the original poster.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Swansea will be our first home match kicking off at 3.00 on a Saturday for 6 months, the last being the 6-0 victory over Scunthorpe on 2 April.[/quote]Never, is that for real dylanisabaddog? if so it''s crazy but back at the real home of football.