Sign in to follow this  
sheffcanary

The price for a Grade A game is going upto £55! Glad I've a season ticket.

[quote user="sheffcanary"]Went into the club shop today and they said the price of Grade A games was going upto £55, a bit extortionate but I''m all for it! Most of the loyal fans have season tickets.[/quote]"loyal" fans have season tickets.... where were you sheff Canary in 1999 when we lost 4-0 to Charlton in front of just 8000 people at Carrow Road... infact, where were 3/4 of our fans on that night?I was there.. with my season ticket which i now sadly cannot afford... I''m going to sunderland to...

Although I have a season ticket and consider myself a loyal fan, I think it would be EXTREMELY arrogant to think that there are not other loyal fans that don''t have season tickets. Some people travel long distance, for others the cost is just getting too much but everyone who makes sacrifices for their club must be considered a loyal fan. I''m sure in the days of the old ZDS cup quite a lot of the 5000 people around me didn''t and still don''t have season tickets. If I am priced out of a season ticket next year I will still go when I can and consider myself loyal

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Ren"]IF this is true then this is really bad news for all as NCFC clearly think they can get away with yet more price hikes, thinking that the fans will just put up and shut up. Going to leave it at that until we have the offical word from the club.[/quote]

''Fraid it is, Ren........the gory details have been on the NCFC site for several weeks.

The new casual prices for six Grade A games are an eye-watering £55 for Centre Block seats but only a piffling £53 if you by one as a Super Member.

( Tip : At 61p per minute play on the pitch probably best to stay off the industrial strength lager pre-match. Expensive sleep in the stand otherwise !! )
[/quote]

Thats frankly scarey, and I worry what I''m going to find when I open my season ticket renewal.

[:(]
[/quote]

Welcome to the Premier League lol.

If it makes anyone feel any better my cousin has two season tickets at the Emirates and he pays about £1,800 per ticket.

They are scandalous Dan. But if they kill football it won''t be on in the pub anymore.

McNally has stated that football is cyclical and the money from tv etc. won''t always be there. The aim as I understand it is to put the football club into a position where it can operate without tv income.

Problem is the way I see it the media circus surounding the premier league and broadcasting of games is part of the reason so many fans want tickets and are prepared to pay the prices. If the gravytrain went elsewhere, to a European Super League or to another country then I think there would be a huge drop in the demand for tickets.

That puts the 29 quid to see Thin Lizzy at Hammersmith Odeon into perspective. I''m quite happy to watch matches online or down the pub rather than pay 55 quid. This is financial suicide by the club and it will be very interesting to see what season-tickets cost next season if we are still in the Prem.   700 quid plus perhaps. [+o(]