Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Did anyone go to a.n.other footy match yesterday?

I think it was the "go support your local non-league team" yesterday but my nearest team Charlton made the most of it and attempted to fill the vast empty seats at the Valley by everyone getting in for a £5''er...so I took the boy to try and get him use to the match day experience. (it worked as they had near 23k)

It was a decent game, especially the first half but if Charlton are the best team in league one as we we just over a year ago, then it shows you how far we''ve come.

The best player on the park? Stand up Rhoys Wiggins! Maybe not as direct as Tierney but much much better than S,Smith/M.Rose. I think he had a bust up with PL didn''t he?

It seemed a tad odd being a a game but not really caring what the result was however it was a decent day as the game was pretty fast & flowing...and all in for £10''er for both me & my 5 year old lad with a couple of quid on petrol. I wonder what I''ll spend at Man U next week? ;0)

Did any one else visit their local?

I know Plymouth had an "all fans day" yesterday and on 606 a Plymouth fan mentioned a few Norwich fans attended - good on them, wherever they were travelling from.I watched a game over at Eaton Park, doubt that counts though?

the ex-ncfc players on show for me were...

Charlton.

Wiggins - MoM

Paul Hayes - Decent...much better than BWP.

(wait for it) Andy Hughes - came on in last 2 mins and gave the ball away.

Doherty is injured I think as wasn''t on bench.

Chesterfield.

Johnathan Grounds (we had him on loan) - their best player along with Alex Mendy and live wire who came on as sub and who should have started IMO called Dean Morgan.

I watched my son play via a live video stream in the early hours of this morning.Creditable 1-1 draw against the league leaders.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Who''s that then cluck?[/quote]It''s just academy level at the moment. He was offered a 4 year scholarship attached to a major league club and fancied having an adventure rather than staying in the UK.He''s doing ok and most importantly enjoying it. [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I know Plymouth had an "all fans day" yesterday and on 606 a Plymouth fan mentioned a few Norwich fans attended - good on them, wherever they were travelling from.I watched a game over at Eaton Park, doubt that counts though?[/quote]I went to Plymouth Argyle yesterday. Met one other City fan (Mark I think) who lives down that way.As far as I know I was the only City fan to do the trip down from Norwich.Was a brilliant day, am going to do a new thread on it in more detail as soon as I get time.

Thanks guys... I certainly miss him being around though. [:''(]They say you never stop worrying about your kids no matter how big they are.

Went to Meadow Lane for Notts v Rochdale

Notts have certainly improved. they could do with a cheap ticket day to get more people in though