Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Home casual ticket prices announced

Cant find any mention of the matchday ticket prices on the EEN, EDP or this site or have I missed it ??

One day......It''ll all end in tears...... [:''(]

It''s the perpetual cycle of football life.....Enjoy that relationship, whilst it lasts.....

I do hope Ashley gets back with Cheryl.......

[quote user="cityangel"]Cant find any mention of the matchday ticket prices on the EEN, EDP or this site or have I missed it ??[/quote]

I never thought the day would arrive my little Angel when Tilly would have to advise you where to look on the internet with regard to finding information![;)]

Norwich City official site and then click on tickets[:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Cant find any mention of the matchday ticket prices on the EEN, EDP or this site or have I missed it ??[/quote]

I never thought the day would arrive my little Angel when Tilly would have to advise you where to look on the internet with regard to finding information![;)]

Norwich City official site and then click on tickets[:P]

[/quote]

Yes I saw it on there Mr Tilly, was just saying I was surprised it wasn''t on any of the Archant sites, EDP, EEN or on the pinkun home page.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]   Outrageous prices from the money-grabbing bastards! I shall be giving Carrow Road a miss.[/quote]Money-grabbing bastards = Successful football club you''ve supported for your life?Not sure how people can really criticise this. If we were charging OTT compared to the rest of the Premier League (QPR style) then thats fair enough. But we''re not. We have 27,000 seats, with very few casuals. These casual seats are going to be hot property...did people honestly think they''d be paying £25 a game? And people keep complaining at the £47 games, but as i keep saying, those are a limited number of games, if you can only afford the lesser games then go to them.It''s unfortunate as people who can''t get a season ticket have to pay more casually, but thats the way we''re working. Financially and in a business sense, it works.The double standards from the majority on here are slightly damning to say the least...How many when we got relegated to League One were harping on about administration, not being able to buy decent players as we have no money and no squad as it was full of loans. How many wanted Neil Doncaster out? The Chief Exec who refused to pay much for players so we ended up with a loaned-in squad of shit...But im guessing that was all okay now, judging by peoples posts on here. We''d be better in League One with shit players and no chance of promotion, because at least the tickets would be £10 cheaper.Success comes at a price in one way or another, and in this case Casual seats are the most demanded and will therefore hold money the best. I think its VITAL the club charge the amount they do. We''ve spent a decent amount on players and they''ll all be on Premiership wages now. I don''t think i can go any further into this, and the fundamentals are just so damn basic..Casual seats: Are there 2000 casual fans willing to spend from £30-£50 for a Premiership League match at Carrow Road? The answer is yes. It''s a shame if you miss out, but that''s how it is im afraid!

Every time somebody mentions ''supply and demand'' in a discussion about football a little piece of me dies. It''s probably not just me either. There is probably an elderly NCFC legend who is visually shrinking in an old peoples home with each mention of £50 being a fair price for top flight football. I''ve heard that Diego Maradona''s left foot has become so withered by the constant mention of football as ''a brand'' that his boots slip off like a condom on a man with erectile dysfunction (why do you think Pele did those adverts?). One day when all tickets hit the £100 mark all ex-footballers who pretended to play before Sky invented the game of football in 1992 will be executed by firing squad on pay per view to complete the circle. This will be called Year Zero and High Commisioner Lord Jamie of Redknapp will proclaim that this is literally a new beginning Ruud. Welcome to The Premier League. Please don''t swear, sing or allow anything that is not the official chewing gum/beer/soft drink/Cornish Pasty of The Premier League to pass your lips. Do pass go. Do collect £fortysixtygazzillion. BUT DON''T YOU DARE COMPLAIN!!!!!!This is just the way we do things round here. You''re either with us or against us. What''s it to be newbie?

Ah yes. Supply and demand. Only now do I realise how exceptionally lucky I was to be a young Norwich fan at a time of low demand for football.

In the early 80s, my dad was able to get a casual ticket for the River End for 4 pounds. I could enter for a pound. We could park up and walk to the ground, half an hour before kick-off, without having to phone up ahead or pay a booking fee, and pay in cash at the turnstile. I suppose it was more of a league 1 experience than we have now, but I got to see the best of English football for money that a working man could find in a weeks wages.

I''m not a season ticket holder now, but I would like to take my son and wife to a couple of games next season. In order to get tickets for the "attractive" games they would want to see ( I''d be happy with Stoke, Wigan or Bolton, but the Man Utd home game has already been the talk of the 6 year old playground), all 3 of us will have to become super members. So that''s 50 - 60 pounds up front before I''ve bought a ticket, then getting on for a further 100 pounds for tickets for the 3 of us, per match.

No offence McNally et al, but should we be lucky enough to get 3 seats together for one of these matches, then we will be buying our food and drink from Morrisons.

I shouldn''t really complain though, and I''m not really, just remembering a simpler time. And anyway, it is idiots like me that pay these prices for "events", that support the footballer wages bubble. For example, in a state of blind panic that my son might not get to be involved in the Olympics at all, save for watching it on the telly, or standing and pointing at some asthmatic bloke he''s never heard of limping past us with the olympic torch, I bought tickets for the Womens Olympic football final at 45 pounds a pop, with no discounts for under 18s. As the preliminary rounds for the volleyball were selling out at £80 a pop, it seemed like "good value".

But then, I always thought that the Olympics was for amateurs. So where is the money going there ? Not to the athletes, that''s for certain.

FYI - sponsors and individual countries olympic committees do pay athletes for winning. £25 - 50,000 being the average going rate for a gold medal whilst ironically it is usually the smaller countries who pay higher since medals mean more.

25-50k. So at 50k, that would be the equivelent of 1050 tickets for the final.

Well, at least they get something. I suppose there''s all the sponsorship too.

Money makes the world go mad.