Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

More bans in the pipeline!

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Jeez, its becoming more like Stalag Carrow Road atm. Someone has too much power imo.

[/quote]And with all these threads being pulled on here........

Stevan Phillips anyone?

I''ve always wondered why he was on the board! [^o)]

[/quote]

Stephan was a board member of Archant but as far as I''m aware he is no longer with the company. There was a merger of divisions and I think he left a couple of months ago. I''ll leave you to draw your own conclusions about the suitabality of your post.

[/quote]I must admit my post was a bit tongue in cheek. However, I was totally unaware that he may have left Archant and assumed he was still the boss. Considering the many threads about his appointment as a Norwich City director, I''m amazed that I''ve not seen anything on here regarding his departure. If my post is deemed to be unsuitable, then I apologize but there was certainly no intent.

I think that''s part of the problem and Smith must score, the ticket stubs that shouldn''t have monetary are being sold, people have helped "Mates" for years with tickets but openly selling them on e bay is like sticking your fingers up at the Club.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Jeez, its becoming more like Stalag Carrow Road atm. Someone has too much power imo. 

Stevan Phillips anyone?

[/quote]

Stephan was a board member of Archant but as far as I''m aware he is no longer with the company. There was a merger of divisions and I think he left a couple of months ago. I''ll leave you to draw your own conclusions about the suitabality of your post.

[/quote]I must admit my post was a bit tongue in cheek. However, I was totally unaware that he may have left Archant and assumed he was still the boss. Considering the many threads about his appointment as a Norwich City director, I''m amazed that I''ve not seen anything on here regarding his departure. If my post is deemed to be unsuitable, then I apologize but there was certainly no intent.[/quote]I saw a small piece about Stephan''s departure in the '' Eastern Evening News ''  back in April . There was a merger of several divisions to form just one called Anglia Archant and apparently Stephan decided to take early retirement.Archant Anglia is headed by someone called Johnny Hustler.......a great name for the newspaper trade.

I can see this being very difficult to ''police''.  Haven''t used (and unused) tickets been bought and sold for years though, through private transactions? Falling under the category of football memorabilia and admittedly usually from the big games and cup finals etc, but we are in essence talking about the sale of the same thing.  How on earth can you prove the intent of the seller / buyer in such cases? And even if you could, would it make any difference?

Not only this, but if they are looking at banning the fans who are selling the used ticket stubs on ebay, then the only people they could ban are the ebay account holders.  Also how would the club legitemately obtain the personal details of the account holder from ebay if no law has been broken.  Furthermore, it doesn''t take a genious to work out that some people will get someone they know who is not a City fan to sell the stubs for them on their account.  They aren''t breaking any laws and the person won''t be bothered about a ban because they don''t support us anyway - not that I am condoning this practice.

It is a similar situation to the people who sell supermarket receipts on ebay.  Tesco receipts for the Clubcard points or the Morrisons ones at Christmas. It''s not a crime to sell them, but if the supermarket suspects that you have not ''legitimately'' acquired them (i.e. spent the money yourself), they can refuse to accept them when you try and redeem the points/value off them. 

I know a bloke at work (he''s a bit strange), he used to pick up receipts in the Tesco car park where a clubcard had not been used.  He would go to the customer service desk and redeem the high value ones saying that he had forgotten to scan his clubcard.  He got greedy and started doing this nearly every day, until one day he tried to do it and and was told by a manager that his details had been noted and would be passed to clubcard.  He managed to keep his clubcard but hasn''t dared do it since.  He hasn''t broken a law by picking up a receipt, but he did break Tesco Clubcard''s T''s&C''s. 

Like Tesco receipts, you''re not breaking a law, but you may well be breaching T''s&C''s by selling / buying the used stubs.

I''m afraid the club can stick it up their bum, once the tickets are sold and used the ticket/stubs are the sole property of the purchaser and they can be used for any purpose they deem fit.

The club will have a hard time proving who the ticket stub was actually bought for despite maybe proving who originally purchased it and will find themselves up sh1t creek without an outboard when faced with numerous solicitors letters and threats of legal action where they have no leg or outboard to rely on.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Stevan Phillips anyone?

[/quote]

[/quote]I must admit my post was a bit tongue in cheek. However, I was totally unaware that he may have left Archant and assumed he was still the boss. Considering the many threads about his appointment as a Norwich City director, I''m amazed that I''ve not seen anything on here regarding his departure. If my post is deemed to be unsuitable, then I apologize but there was certainly no intent.[/quote]Someone is taking this squeaky new politeness drive a tad too far....  [+o(]  Bucket please.

[quote user="Harry"]I think that''s part of the problem and Smith must score, the ticket stubs that shouldn''t have monetary are being sold, people have helped "Mates" for years with tickets but openly selling them on e bay is like sticking your fingers up at the Club.[/quote]

I don''t manage to get to go to many away matches and never bother to save the stubs, they end up in the bin, the only one i still have is the Watford one, free to anyone who wants it,