Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

88 Goals.

In all competition this season, absolutely brilliant.

They came from all over the pitch too, 9 our of 88 were scored against Ipswich and Lappin still didn''t find the net (still a legend though)

What a season, Bring on the premiership!

OTBC =]

Hopefully, although it may be from the bench next season.I rckon he must be a great player to have in the squad as he''s quite a character.Full of steeley grit too and a damn hard worker.All hail the King of Spain!

Barclaystand - Spot on, I was discussing this earlier as it happens.

Clearly a great pro to have in the dressing room, think back to when he was frozen out under Rodent, didn''t whine or moan, didn''t jump ship, just got his head down, and worked his a55 off in training and eventually got his reward.

Not the most talented footballer ever, but works hard, has a decent enough delivery and gives 100% every week. Always comes across as a damn nice bloke in interviews too.

Our mistake last time was letting the experienced players with big characters go and replacing them with mercenaries, he has earnt a place in our squad next year in my opinion.

completely agree with that, I liked how Lambert said that even though he would strengthen the squad, he would give these guys a chance because they have earnt it. Very glad to be hearing this, and when Worthy shipped out all the big guns (Roberts, Malky etc.) it proved to be a downfall.Very impressive statistic though! Considering we didn''t have any cup runs either.

I had convinced myself that prior to last season we didn''t have a very good goalscoring record, but checking the old tables it wasn''t too bad (bar 2007/2008[:(]). It may just be me but these last two season have been just felt different, I feel we go into games knowing we are going to score at least once, it''s just a question of whether the opposition score more. Testament to Paul Lambert''s football ethos- long may it continue [Y].