Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Anyone Else Getting Fed Up With The Suggestion.............

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I''m certain Forster is an upgrade.[/quote]

Based on a seaon in League One and the SPL, which is worse than Championship Level?

As opposed to Ruddy who as done well at Championship level?

[quote user="renegadecanary"]Can somebody please tell me how many mistakes  Ruddy has made which has cost us points? of course his "Felled Oak" impression v Watford on his debut didn''t impress but thankfully it didn''t set the tone . Ruddy has the same physical presence as a certain red nose Danish goalkeeper ( a useful attribute for the Prem).He is our Number One so get used to it  and i hate to say it but he will probably be facing more penalties next season due to Refs favouring the big teams, especially away from home.[/quote]

You don''t just judge ''keepers on their mistake ratio there are many other criteria.

I''m sure everyone would be happy to see Ruddy starting in August(which I am) but it is an area where we could improve ... you can''t question that.

Yes course we can, we can improve in every area.

I dont think Forster would be an improvment and I dont think Green would be enough of an improvment to justify the extra cost

In my opinion Forster is better but the dispute between fans just shows how lucky we''ve been to have had 2 quality young English ''keepers playing for us over the past few seasons.

As I said above - I would be happy to see Ruddy starting at Old trafford on the season opener.

Nobody got any comment to make on Kirkland? He''s a reasonable suggestion isn''t he? Leicester and Cardiff were both interested and, imo, he''d be an upgrade on Ruddy.

I still dont get all this hype over Forster and i wouldn;t take him over Ruddy at the moment.

[quote user="jed exodous"]Nobody got any comment to make on Kirkland? He''s a reasonable suggestion isn''t he? Leicester and Cardiff were both interested and, imo, he''d be an upgrade on Ruddy.

I still dont get all this hype over Forster and i wouldn;t take him over Ruddy at the moment.[/quote]NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. John Ruddy is ALOT better. Ali Al-Habsi is ALOT better (hence Wigan getting rid of KIRKLAND)

[quote user="NauruDude"][quote user="jed exodous"]Nobody got any comment to make on Kirkland? He''s a reasonable suggestion isn''t he? Leicester and Cardiff were both interested and, imo, he''d be an upgrade on Ruddy. I still dont get all this hype over Forster and i wouldn;t take him over Ruddy at the moment.[/quote]
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. John Ruddy is ALOT better. Ali Al-Habsi is ALOT better (hence Wigan getting rid of KIRKLAND)
[/quote]

Would it help if he changed his name to Kirklandson?

I genuinely think he''d be good competition for Ruddy.  Whilst i agree and trust Lamberts filosophy of young and hungry, i think you need a couple of older heads who have been round the block, and imo, someone with Kirklands experience would benefit the squad.  Clearly the defence and goalie are gonna have a lot of work to do next year, we need 2 experienced keepers with Rudd and Steer as back up. 

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="NauruDude"][quote user="jed exodous"]Nobody got any comment to make on Kirkland? He''s a reasonable suggestion isn''t he? Leicester and Cardiff were both interested and, imo, he''d be an upgrade on Ruddy. I still dont get all this hype over Forster and i wouldn;t take him over Ruddy at the moment.[/quote]NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. John Ruddy is ALOT better. Ali Al-Habsi is ALOT better (hence Wigan getting rid of KIRKLAND)[/quote]

I genuinely think he''d be good competition for Ruddy.  Whilst i agree and trust Lamberts filosophy of young and hungry, i think you need a couple of older heads who have been round the block, and imo, someone with Kirklands experience would benefit the squad.  Clearly the defence and goalie are gonna have a lot of work to do next year, we need 2 experienced keepers with Rudd and Steer as back up. 

[/quote]Why don''t we just try to get Ali Al-Habsi(son) on loan. We''ve got more important places to spend money on (DEFENCE) than the keeper. So get him on loan for som competition, and then if Ruddy fails to adapt we can throw Al-Habsi(son) between the sticks, otherwise just keep him fit on the bench.

[quote user="NauruDude"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="NauruDude"][quote user="jed exodous"]Nobody got any comment to make on Kirkland? He''s a reasonable suggestion isn''t he? Leicester and Cardiff were both interested and, imo, he''d be an upgrade on Ruddy. I still dont get all this hype over Forster and i wouldn;t take him over Ruddy at the moment.[/quote]
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. John Ruddy is ALOT better. Ali Al-Habsi is ALOT better (hence Wigan getting rid of KIRKLAND)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why don''t we just try to get Ali Al-Habsi(son) on loan. We''ve got more important places to spend money on (DEFENCE) than the keeper. So get him on loan for som competition, and then if Ruddy fails to adapt we can throw Al-Habsi(son) between the sticks, otherwise just keep him fit on the bench.
[/quote]

Appologies for the cheap dig in my last post dude.

Anyway, goalkeeper is a very important area and one we defo need to strengthen.  As i mentioned before, Blackpool have used 4 keepers this season.  IF, and i mean IF, ruddy drops a couple of clangers, we need a good back up and at the moment, Rudd isn''t it.  I haven''t seen too many reasonable suggestions on this thread.  Lets face it, Green aint coming back to warm the bench, in my opinion, we wont sign Forster permenantly he''ll probably want a crack at Newcastle now, i''d put him ahead of Harper, but behind Krul there. 

I think it is quite obvious we need another keeper because if anything happened to Ruddy we would have two young keepers in the top two places. More than anywhere else on the pitch goalkeepers need to be experienced. For that reason we have to make up our minds what we want. Do we go for an experinced 30+ keeper as backup to Ruddy and/or Rudd or do we go for another No 1?

Do we have the funds to get in another No 1 who will be considerably better than what we have or do we need to spend our money to fill other positions?

If we get in another No 1 we will then have three young keepers (Ruddy is not very old in goalkeeping terms) and will possibly hamper the development of some of the best young talent in the country. If we get a 30+ keeper in who can lend his experience to the younger keepers and give us that experienced cover that we may need we surely get the best of both worlds.

As much as people on here have said a firm ''No'' to Andy Marshall (and I could well agree with that) it is a goalkeeper in that mould that I feel we should be looking for.