Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The psychology behind late goals

I''m so glad you''ve started a thread about psychology Bly.  The fact that you need to log in with two different accounts suggests a split personality and I thought at first you were schizophrenic to go along with your ganga induced paranoia. However, after a little research, you appear to be suffering with Dissociative identity disorder or more commonly known as multiple personality disorder. 50% of cases are caused by long term drug abuse and the illness is more prevalent in your part of the world. It can be treated although it does take a while. In the meantime I suggest you.........lay off the ganja! [:)] 

As someone who provides pyschology-based training programmes for a living I say this article is bang on the money for theory. The writer touches on several principles without explaining why they work. Understanding the ''why'' bit is the key to it all of course! That''s what me and my colleagues (including one ex-NCFC player) share with people every week around the UK and overseas...

Norfolk Mustard - can I ask if you have a website or can I get some details on your organisation? Please pm me if appropriate. Thanks.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''m so glad you''ve started a thread about psychology Bly.  The fact that you need to log in with two different accounts suggests a split personality and I thought at first you were schizophrenic to go along with your ganga induced paranoia. However, after a little research, you appear to be suffering with Dissociative identity disorder or more commonly known as multiple personality disorder. 50% of cases are caused by long term drug abuse and the illness is more prevalent in your part of the world. It can be treated although it does take a while. In the meantime I suggest you.........lay off the ganja! [:)] [/quote]

Bly?

[|-)]

And you''re mixing up psychology and psychiatry.

COYY!!

OTBC

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]Norfolk Mustard - can I ask if you have a website or can I get some details on your organisation? Please pm me if appropriate. Thanks.[/quote]

Done!

Being someone who is currently doing a Psychology degree, like Norfolk Mustard I agree this article appears fairly accurate. In relation to us, there is no doubt that scoring so many late goals is just a matter of luck or just about fitness; Lambert''s winning mentality which he instores in the team makes extra time a bonus, if we are currently drawing - more mintutes gives us more chance to win 2 extra points as opposed to lose the 1 point. Once the team began to score late goals, the crowd had faith that we could do it time and time again which spurred the players on, as extra time was greeted with a sense of excitement from the crowd instead of dread; add this to the fact that the other team may start to feel nervy in extra time, then it is no wonder we have scored so many late goals. I hope this mentality continues in the Premiership, play to win as opposed to playing not to lose which creates an added pressure.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''m so glad you''ve started a thread about psychology Bly.  The fact that you need to log in with two different accounts suggests a split personality and I thought at first you were schizophrenic to go along with your ganga induced paranoia. However, after a little research, you appear to be suffering with Dissociative identity disorder or more commonly known as multiple personality disorder. 50% of cases are caused by long term drug abuse and the illness is more prevalent in your part of the world. It can be treated although it does take a while. In the meantime I suggest you.........lay off the ganja! [:)] [/quote]

Try 3 different accounts....AT LEAST

[quote user="☆alysha☆"] * not just a matter of luck...[quote user="☆alysha☆"]

Freudian slip ? Lol

[quote user="Walphy"]Bly?

[/quote]Yes, Bly!

Did you forget you started this thread while you were logged in as Bly?

That''s the problem with having multiple accounts.

Did anyone else notice the 2005 blog entry about Ade Akinbiyi ?  Surely a candidate for the City player who went the furthest on the most limited talent !