Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Brendan Rogers complaining about ref

Swansea City boss Brendan Rodgers has questioned referee Michael Oliver''s appointment for their Championship clash at play-off chasing Millwall.

Rodgers believes Oliver will become a "good referee" but is worried the Millwall game could be a big "test."

"I hope the referee is able to deal with the moment," said Rodgers

Good Luck with that LOL

It really makes you feel good that yet another club has joined the whinging and moaning band of failures.The solution is simple guys,just win all your games over the last couple of months and we would not be a problem to you would we?

Perhaps D''Urso may just have a conscience and be a tad kinder to us this time?

Thinking back to Ipswich away, the Ref for that game was hardly even-handed but we still scored five. We''ll need a similar performance on Monday - maybe we won''t score as many - but get the performance right and surely we''ll win it?

Ha i just saw this on the BBC and was going to post it on here. Rodgers has a fair point to be honest, Oliver is the FA''s golden boy and all he has done this year is be utter boolocks! i think he has been dropped from the prem 4/5 times for shocking performances, and we all know what happened against Reading, one of the worst decisions i have ever seen.Guarantee he won''t ever make a world cup/european cup referee but instead become one of the most hated referees in football

[quote user="priceyrice"]... Rodgers has a fair point to be honest, Oliver is the FA''s golden boy........ and we all know what happened against Reading, one of the worst decisions i have ever seen.[/quote]Agreed, Oliver has history in high profile games- he made a ''ricket'' sending two players off in a televised Blackpool / West Brom game, then a week later (in another televised game) sent wrongly sent Holty off, which, let''s face it cost us two points. Both decisions were later rescinded. He should have been removed from the PL lists and given time to learn his trade in the lower divisions / leagues. Given the history I think Rogers has a valid point, albeit it''s bad form to speak out publicly (IMO).