Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Your thoughts on our team for today: NCFC v Leyton Orient?

Who thinks what the starting 11 will be?After a mad 24 hours I''m just glad the forum is returning to normality... which is fu*ked up at the best of times anyway!

I''d be happy for us to play a second eleven. Give everyone a break, give others a game. Remember Leeds'' good cup run, us concentrating on the league. I would not normally advocate this but we are in a great position and right now I think that is all that matters.

Anyone with even a slight knock shouldn''t be risked, otherwise I would hope we would be near enough full strength. Regardless of whether Nelson and Barnett are fully fit, I''m sure Whitbread will start.

I''m sure the manager will have had some clear thoughts all week regarding his team selection!

Macca and Oli - and including the "benchwarmers & nearly there''s" down to play etc, etc......

There will be a few first-team stalwarts in the dug-out.....

Lambert wants to win this one.....If we draw a big club next round, it''ll give Lambert the opportunity to pit his wits - against the supposed best.

A full-house at home to a top Premiership side next round, is financially and if televised - nothing to be sneezed at.... 

I wouldn''t play Drury at all after PL stated he was a ''dead man walking'' after last game and I wouldn''t let Russell in either. We have no proper cover for either really at the moment. I''d slap Lappin into LB and have Korey at RB. Askou and Barnett or Nels in middle unless he wants Whitbred to get more minutes. Rudd in goal but doubt PL will change keeper - probably not bothered. Middle should have been Tudor-Jones but annoyingly cup-tied so Fox and someone else but not Crofts (rest him). McNamee and Lappin/Daley on wings? Wilbraham and Simeon up front or Oli (or Dawkin?). That''s it for me really. Strong team, but resting some big players too.

I''d give a start to the likes of Rudd, Gill, Askou, Oli, McNamee, Daley, Jackson tbh. Some players may have had a hard shift over the last fortnight & we''ve a tough match next Saturday. Last thing we need is more injuries/ suspensions to our top guys. & 90 minutes today for some who aren''t regulars seems a good idea to me, give them a run out, we could well be calling on some of them over the next few weeks.