Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch

Dean Whitestone

Very difficult to assess based on this game - there was so little action in it. Perhaps I am going to be harsh on the guy.

Whereas you can get Ref''s who blow up for everything, Mr Whitestone blew up for hardly anything even with a few blatant fouls in there. This is nice when it comes to keeping the game flowing but it can store up problems later in the game when players feel they are not getting protection and will dish out their own revenge - although fortunately that didn''t materialise.

I couldn''t really argue with the cards shown today, but I felt there were one or two fouls that did warrant a card and a lack of consistancy was shown here, notably when Hooligan was chopped down in the second half. It did take an eternity for the Orient keeper to get booked for blatant timewasting. Mr Whitestone was strolling around like it was a Sunday morning pub game and failed to keep the ''play'' in view for a lot of the game - I felt he could have warned the Orient keeper to speed things up after having booked him, but he seemed to think having booked him that was enough.

Average 5

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Dean Whitestone

Very difficult to assess based on this game - there was so little action in it. Perhaps I am going to be harsh on the guy.

Whereas you can get Ref''s who blow up for everything, Mr Whitestone blew up for hardly anything even with a few blatant fouls in there. This is nice when it comes to keeping the game flowing but it can store up problems later in the game when players feel they are not getting protection and will dish out their own revenge - although fortunately that didn''t materialise.

I couldn''t really argue with the cards shown today, but I felt there were one or two fouls that did warrant a card and a lack of consistancy was shown here, notably when Hooligan was chopped down in the second half. It did take an eternity for the Orient keeper to get booked for blatant timewasting. Mr Whitestone was strolling around like it was a Sunday morning pub game and failed to keep the ''play'' in view for a lot of the game - I felt he could have warned the Orient keeper to speed things up after having booked him, but he seemed to think having booked him that was enough.

Average 5

[/quote]Had no truck with prima donnas and let the game flow. If only there were more like him. 10.

Sorry Waz! [;)]

I''m not in anyway blaming the ref for the defeat, we were woeful today and deserved to be beaten, however, the referee was atrocious today.

Does anyone know his background? I only ask because all the officials today had different badges on their shirts. Given his shocking inability to officiate the game, I imagine it is some sort of non-league insignia to denote the level I imagine he must normally referee at.

He missed a blatant penalty when a Leyton Orient player slid to the ball and controlled it with his hand, and there were about half a dozen more handballs in the game, 3 of which by our own Barnett, that he did not see. He let so much go, his positioning was shocking and he just seemed afraid of his whistle.

I thought he was decent in a game that was never going to be feisty. That''s the second game in a row our keeper Jones was booked for timewasting, and thoroughly deserved it was too.

[quote user="canarydan23"] He let so much go, his positioning was shocking and he just seemed afraid of his whistle.[/quote]

Totally agree.

Lapp, I understand what you are saying but as Canarydan has said, he let too much go. The idea of letting the ''game flow'' is OK but he couldn''t have reffed us against Ipswich or QPR like that. Refs performances should be consistant, and that performance was far too ''relaxed'' and would get ripped to pieces with a real fiesty game.

That''s interesting. I still think he looked like an official well, well out of his depth yesterday and I would be interested to know how regularly he officiates professional football games or whether he''s a regular at non-league fixtures.

He may have just been having an off-day but the amount that he missed was unforgivable. Maybe referees are adopting a similar approach to most Premiership and Championship managers and players, it''s only the FA Cup, not worth putting any effort in. Shame.

canaryday23 - he''s a National Group referee. He officiated our game down at Brighton last season and the home game against Palace the season before. Looks like he''s been in and around the Championship for a while now.Here''s his RefWorld profile.