Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Johnson to Yeovil on loan.

Good luck to him I say. I still think he looks a tidy player and would pick him over Jackson any day of the week but obviously Lambert''s not being impressed in training.

Hopefully get a few games and the odd goal and come back confident and sharp

I dont go down to training so I dont know what the situation is. However I would have thought regardless of form I guess Oli doesnt really have much hope of forcing his way ahead of Jackson. A manager is always going to be loyal to his big money signings which is understandable. If you spend £600k on someone to then relegate them to 4th or 5th choice would be a pretty stunning admission of failure.

V disappointed to read this. Oli is the one striker in our squad who has the ability to suddently do something different and change a game. I didn''t understand why Lambo didn''t start him or at least give him 30 minutes as a sub against Middlesborough. How long before Jackson goes out on loan I wonder. And as for Wilbraham, yes it''s early days, but based upon first impressions he seem to be a journeyman. Then there''s MacNamee, again I wonder how long he has got left with us.

No grerat surprise here - I posted yesterday that as fifith in line and competing with Daley and MacN in this, although making the bench occasionally, he really doesn''t seem to be favoured by PL.

Good luck to Oli, who impressed in a few games towards the end of last season. Perhaps he will find a spark which makes his career take off.

I am sorry that he has not been given more chance with us - he has pace, he has very good close ball control and he scored viatal goals. Seemingly, however, he has little future with us at age 23. Or is PL giving him opportunities to develop and display his worth?

[quote user="Al Catraz"]V disappointed to read this. Oli is the one striker in our squad who has the ability to suddently do something different and change a game. I didn''t understand why Lambo didn''t start him or at least give him 30 minutes as a sub against Middlesborough. How long before Jackson goes out on loan I wonder. And as for Wilbraham, yes it''s early days, but based upon first impressions he seem to be a journeyman. Then there''s MacNamee, again I wonder how long he has got left with us.[/quote]

Well given how amazingly well we have played this season I don''t think we can really critisise Lambert for not playing him more often, whatever Lambert is doing its working! Also give Wilbraham more time, Lambert signings have been mostly successful so far.

[quote user="Al Catraz"]V disappointed to read this. Oli is the one striker in our squad who has the ability to suddently do something different and change a game. I didn''t understand why Lambo didn''t start him or at least give him 30 minutes as a sub against Middlesborough. How long before Jackson goes out on loan I wonder. And as for Wilbraham, yes it''s early days, but based upon first impressions he seem to be a journeyman. Then there''s MacNamee, again I wonder how long he has got left with us.[/quote]

I''d have to disagree with that statement. If you mean he can be used an an impact substitute then I would agree more, but I think he is too far from the first team and this loan move is to get him some regular football for a month. It seemed to work with OTJ and Lambert obviously trusts the management team at Yeovil, so it seems to suit everyone.

I get the feeling with Oli that he does put the extra work in at training or he has a slight attitude problem,

I obviously do not know if this has any truth in at all but there must be a reason why Lambert does not choose him to come on at the end of games anymore and it would also manybe explain why he was a Stockport sub when we signed him