Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

cant believe that went ahead!!!!

having spent the night in the midlands with tickets for the game i woke up to a bad blizzard and local tv and radio said the weather was getting a lot worse with temps tonite down as low as -11!!! i decided not to go to the game as the locals had said no way would it go ahead so i have now lost 50 quid on my tickets!!! Just hope the guys and girls who have travelled have a safe trip home as the roads are not very good at all, especially the outside lane of the M6 and the A47!!! Good luck.

thanks just posted my reply re what club said on there!!! surprise surprise no refunds have to contact coventry!!!!

Not sure what it''s in Cov itself but in Warwick (10-15 miles south) I''m virtually housebound. We''ve had 3inches of snow, but the worst bit is that all the  major roads are covered in snow/slush/ice. Staggered it went ahead tbh.

it''s hilarious how the country shuts down due to a bit of snow...we know its going to happen every year yet it takes us by suprise... Fridays happen every week and they dont make us panic.. so why should snow?a bit of forward planning, careful driving, common sense and preparation mean no worries.

I''ve just done the Ricoh to Chesterfield in an hour and 2 minutes, the snow in Coventry was not as widespread as in Brum centre and the west of the south west. The side roads were all driveable with care and the trunk roads were clear. The only unsafe part was the toe path on the canal, where despite all the home fans strutting past a couple of us helped a little old lady make it to her car safely.

Great win great day OTBC

Travelled up to the game today from Hertfordshire...did seem a bit risky as all the games to the south of us were popping onto the postponed list as we headed north up the M1/M6...even seemed a bit concerned at the amount of white stuff that was falling around the Ricoh on arrival but glad we made the trip...managed to avoid the M1 chaos on the route back by cutting across to Cambridge on the A14, but then caught it all on the M11 southbound...it only takes one jack knifed artic. to f#ck the journey up, but despite a 3 hour standstill it was worth it.