Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Any news on Surman?

I''m sure they will let us know when he is fit and if thats thew new year then we will have to wait untill the new year.

He might as well be. I think we all need to forget about Surman, i just dont think he will feature much at all, he strikes me as the plenty of talent but constantly injured type, like Bellamy, Dyer and Anderton.

Im afraid we have a sicknote on our hands and i dont expect to see much of him at all. He''ll come back, play 2 games then get injured and will be out for 2 months again I guarantee.

Matt, go have a look at his stats for every other season....

Apart from last season (and i don''t know wether that was down to not being good enough or injuries) he played 3 pretty full seasons, not a sick note at all.....

Surman is a fantastic player at this level, he just needs a run of games. He''s been unlucky with injuries so far, granted. It''s a shame because he''d started to show real signs of his quality when he sustained the first one.I think he''ll come back and be a massive player for us next year.

A bit early to write him off as a sicknote when he has absolutely no history of injury problems.

If he were to return in the new year and pick up another injury then we should perhaps think it but not based on just 2 injuries.

A waste of money Nana? Shows how much you know you first class cunnt. The lad is special and is one of the best players we have at the club, sometimes he is too advanced for his team.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]A waste of money Nana? Shows how much you know you first class cunnt. The lad is special and is one of the best players we have at the club, sometimes he is too advanced for his team.[/quote]I don''t think he''s ''too advanced'', I think he fits in really well. Players like Earnshaw and Hoolahan often appear(ed) to be a couple of steps ahead, trying things that only top-class players would read, but Surman fits into the midfield jigsaw really nicely and seems to be on the same wavelength as his team-mates. His only problem from what I''ve seen is tracking back to support the full-back, but that''ll come with match fitness you''d think. Class player.

A squad which boasts the creativity of Messrs Hoolahan, Surman, Labsbury and Fox is a very good one.

Surman will be a good player for us. His return (as well as Drury''s) will - using a cliche - be just like a new signing.

With Surman back plus Drury, Crofts and a new signing or two (please, a right back + steve morrison) we''ll be really well set to push on in 2011 and have lots of options to keep the team fresh and fit.Now that Leeds have pushed their way in to the top two, i think that opens the way for others to compete with Cardiff and QPR. QPR fell off badly second half of last season - if they don''t strengthen in the window they could do again.