Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Thanks Ref

Yet another advert for using video technology!When players such as Ian Harte & dozens like him up & down the country continually pull the wool over inexperienced referees eyes it is time for change!When every person watching the game particularly those watching the tv with the benefit of action replay can clearly see what has gone on,then I can''t see any reason why this technology can''t be introduced. I agree the ref potentially cost us those two points by sending off Grant Holt which immediately put us on the backfoot for the second half.Up until then I think we looked like we could have scored more.He completely killed the game with that decision. That wasn''t the refs only bad decision of the game & I really wonder where they get these half wits from.The tackle on Korey was a disgrace & easily the worst of the night,yet Paul Lambert got sent to the stands!Of course Reading were going to come out for the second half with a different attitude,they had more blokes ,now givng them the upper hand & took full advantage of the refs muppetry. 

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]You cost us 3 points

Not fit to referee
[/quote]

no he didnt (He didnt help though!).. our piss poor midfield did. They need to learn to tackle.
[/quote]

I hope they appeal the red,

1 word for the ref it starts with  a W 

[/quote]

They should ,but hardly worth the effort, when was the last time a red was recinded ? Poor Poor sending off , I am still so angry

"This time next year Rodney we won''t be thinking about this muppet, we will be wallowing in Skys Premiership millions, in fact our biggest problem will be what to do with all the fucking money"

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]You cost us 3 pointsNot fit to referee[/quote]no he didnt (He didnt help though!).. our piss poor midfield did. They need to learn to tackle.[/quote]I don''t think that''s correct in anyway possible.You also have to look in regards to tackling. We clearly had a trigger-finger card-happy cunt of a ref, crofts is one booking away from suspension, Lappin was on a yellow. Our only real tackling player left was Smith, who was out on the right. Tackling isn''t Fox''s game really, so we practically had one midfielder out on the right who was in a position to tackle.

I have watched this replay a number of times and I am still incensed, as I have said I don’t think it will be rescinded as that would show that the FA are providing sub standard referees. What is it with them for god’s sake, he is 25 years old, now I am not ageist in any way, but how can he have learnt so ref at such a high standard in such a short time?

He had little control during the whole game, drop balls, hardly a consultation with his lino (who did not flag a pen by the way)

Totally inefficient in every way, even sending Lambert of for nothing at all!

A total disgrace to his profession,

Loved the way Lambert told the players to go to the fans at the end, rather than the officials

I think Lambert will be in very hot water for his comments, although loved his “kindergarten comment, “probably get that wrong as well “

I thought us where magnificent until the red card, and did well to hang on for a point! Well done lads

Still a very angry Charlie

As a referee myself for many many years I can say that within our community there is significant concern over these "elite chosen few" who have been fast tracked through the ranks way beyond the norm. As one poster said there is no replacement for years of playing and reffing the game to get the right decision more often than not.The FA feel that this is their answer to being "stuffy and conservative" bringing young blood in, I have to say it simply does not work and to be honest is not fair on the refs who are fast tracked. This combined with the inability to embrace new technology which almost every other sport has, once again the concession being extra refs on the goal line what a joke when a version of hawk eye could give the ref a decision in less than a second. And it isnt as though the money isnt in the game to invest in it.Back to the match , I would say the referee lost completely the plot after probably a decsion that even a Sunday League park ref would not have given. If the FA do not overturn on appeal then it will send a clear message to the rest of the happy band of refs they are the chosen few and can do no wrong! as many of us think already, and yes I know one of these elite refs personnally.As for the penalty decision as others have observed given by assistant and was sold well again by Reading player and have some sympathy for officials , once again only technology would have helped here. Suspect assistant got screamed at by crowd behind him which did the job and why oh why do we at Carrow Road allow the away fans to be just where you would not want them. If I was Lambert would ask them to be moved away from assistants position.Once again our defense looks vulnerable and needs a steadying influence certainly KOS is no left back and the board really need to give Lambert some support come January sales.And until I see Ruddy sorting out his defence by shouting at em and dealing with crosses he will nothing more than average for me , granted he is good shot stopper given time, not good close in with reaction saves