Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Our squad is valued at 15.5m apparently

[quote user="Brendo "]I really don''t see how some of you believe what you write. I''d be delighted if we could sell our whole squad for £10 million, obviously I don''t want us to do this. But if Blackpool spent just £3m in the summer, ours really isn''t worth that much. Holt is an average champ striker at best, imo, at the back end of his career. I''d put money on him not going to a bigger club after us, or going for more than £300k.[/quote]Iwan Roberts was an absolute waste of space in his first season here according to most people, whereas Holt scored 36 goals (admittedly one division lower, but still). Holt''s only 29, and if he keeps his fitness levels up, there''s no reason why he can''t be another Iwan Roberts for us. At Prem level I think he''d struggle, but even if we got to the Prem I think he''d still make a reasonable impact coming off the bench. I think he''s got five good years at this level.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Brendo "]I really don''t see how some of you believe what you write. I''d be delighted if we could sell our whole squad for £10 million, obviously I don''t want us to do this. But if Blackpool spent just £3m in the summer, ours really isn''t worth that much. Holt is an average champ striker at best, imo, at the back end of his career. I''d put money on him not going to a bigger club after us, or going for more than £300k.[/quote]
Iwan Roberts was an absolute waste of space in his first season here according to most people, whereas Holt scored 36 goals (admittedly one division lower, but still). Holt''s only 29, and if he keeps his fitness levels up, there''s no reason why he can''t be another Iwan Roberts for us. At Prem level I think he''d struggle, but even if we got to the Prem I think he''d still make a reasonable impact coming off the bench. I think he''s got five good years at this level.
[/quote]Hmm, I don''t see it myself. He only scored about 23 last season in the league? Haha not denying that isn''t still brillaint, but I think Chris Martin has much much more potential. In my opinion, Holt could change his mind set and become a much better player. Only lord knows why he doesn''t...

@Wings: Probably because bly has been known to be a bit of an antagonist but people have jumped in on this one only to suddenly realise that maybe its not just to cause another heated argument? Plus negative veins through a lot of posts.

@Brendo: I think you are being a bit harsh. When you look at players that play as a target man you will see that even the good ones average around 15 goals a season at this level. It then comes down to how much the help the team in terms of holding it up and flick ons etc for the other striker to score from. Watching the highlights of the QPR game and you will see that Holt had the two best chances of the game, the first he was hauled to the ground where he would have almost certainly scored. The second Kenny saved well without really knowing where it was going.

And to be fair with the penalty their player should have at least got a yellow card. Obstructing a goalscoring oppertunity, use of hands, obstruction, tugging/pulling, foul on a player and being the last man, professional foul - any of those could have seen him booked, the key ones out of those would actually be a red. But never mind, suppose the ref didnt want the wrath of Colin on his neck.

Pretty sure he was booked mate. Yeah, I was a bit harsh, but some people think Holt is alot better than he actually is in my opinion.

John Ruddy - 200k
Declan Rudd - 250k
Jed Steer - 100k
Russell Martin - 250k
Adam Drury - 300k
Michael Nelson - 50k
Zak Whitbread - 300k
Leon Barnett - 750k
Elliot Ward - 500k
Steven Smith - 300k
Jens Berthel Askou -150k
Samuel Habergham - 0k