Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Bullard - the one that got away?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]He went to Cambridge United actually and signed a two year contract I believe[/quote]Tangy. You keep using the quote-ma-thingy even though it''s clear it''s not working. If you''re using internet explorer, try hitting the compatibility button at the top next to the search box.[/quote]

Ah, that''s what it is with this laptop [:)] Ich bin ein Dummkopf [:D] Thanks Lapp [Y]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Downloads"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Ah another mistake by worthy I see (Peter Crouch?)
bah I thought it might of been better than that, I thought we might of almost signed him in the summer.
[/quote]

Two huge mistakes there Lewie! Crouch instead of Hucks and Bullard instead of Holt.

Are you sure?

[/quote]

So how many times did Hucks play for England. How many goals did he score for England and how much in transfer fees?

Interesting isn''t it!

[/quote]

Not sure i find it that interesting though...

Uruguay 1
Hungary 1
Jamaica 3
Trinidad and Tobago 1
Greece 2
Andorra 2
Macedonia 1
Estonia 1
Austria 1
Croatia 1
Ukraine 1
Andorra 1
Belarus 2
Egypt 2
Mexico 1

[/quote]

urugruay, Mexico and (possibly) Croaita apart Crouch hasnt scored many past decent sides has he!
[/quote]

He still scored, If it was so easy to score against those sides how come Rooney doesnt way in with countless goals being the amazing all encompassing superstar player that he is?, or the others for that matter. I cant recall seeing Crouch have a stinker for England, i wish i could say the same for Lampard, Gerrard, Terry. Personally i think he''s one of the best target men i''ve seen  in yellow and green. Brilliant control, doesnt give the ball away easily, is awkward opponent for his marker and brings other players into the game. Top player just not conventional, should have signed him that summer, but never instead of Hucks.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]He went to Cambridge United actually and signed a two year contract I believe[/quote]Tangy. You keep using the quote-ma-thingy even though it''s clear it''s not working. If you''re using internet explorer, try hitting the compatibility button at the top next to the search box.[/quote]

Ah, that''s what it is with this laptop [:)] Ich bin ein Dummkopf [:D] Thanks Lapp [Y]

[/quote]

I second that...a highly compatible thanks to Lappinitup [<:o)]

That was sort of my point though, i don''t think Crouch is crap, just i don''t think he''s that good that i would have taken him over Hucks.

Strikers often need decent midfielders to create for them, the thing with Hucks is that he created his own magic. I would take Hucks every single time.

[quote user="Tangible"][quote user="Bob The Builder"]

During my ten years in control, and I''m not boasting, just being factual - we finished third, fourth and fifth in the top flight, reached two FA Cup semi-finals and during one season stayed at the top of the first division longer than any other club. Rarely does a club as small as Norwich hold the top spot for so long. I can''t see that being repeated. But it could have been so much better but for the one that got away......

Dion Dublin released by David Stringer and sent to Kings Lynn. Oh Well, that''s little Norwich for you!

[/quote] He went to Cambridge United actually and signed a two year contract I believe[/quote]

We built three new stands and a magnificent new training ground. We invested heavily in buying eight acres of land around the ground, which were a derelict mill and a car park. And whilst all this was going on David released Dublin who went to Kings Lynn. He later signed for Cambridge and was pivotal in their climb through the leagues and so nearly to the Premier League. He was then sold to Manchester United for 1m but because David had foolishly released him there was no sell on clause.

I''m sorry Tangible but facts are facts and there was nobody, nobody, with more ambition than me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Ah another mistake by worthy I see (Peter Crouch?)
bah I thought it might of been better than that, I thought we might of almost signed him in the summer.
[/quote]

Two huge mistakes there Lewie! Crouch instead of Hucks and Bullard instead of Holt.

Are you sure?

[/quote]Hucks was sold for about 700k, while Crouch went to Southampton for about 2m.  I bet if you ask the Norwich fans what they thought of Hucks and the Southampton fans what they thought of Crouch you would get far better reviews from Norwich.  You might argue that the reason why is because they cashed in on Crouch and Hucks stayed for years, but who would you rather have a player that stays and becomes a legend or one who lasts barely a season and makes you a few £m (but still doesn''t stop you going into admin [:)])