Sign in to follow this  
missing in action?

please dont shoot me its for a good cause

Best of luck mate. I do a 10K for Cancer Research every year, and it''s a great cause to run for. Hope you enjoy it![Y]

For your 1st 10k presuming your reasonably fit you should aim for sub 50. I started training for my 1st 10k 3 months before the race and i achieved 44.04 which i was delighted with. What time are you running 3miles at? if you double that it will give you some indication of what you might want to be aiming for at 10k.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Best of luck mate. I do a 10K for Cancer Research every year, and it''s a great cause to run for. Hope you enjoy it![Y]

[/quote]Is that Jonathan Richman from the Modern Lovers as your avatar?Anyway.MIA, try this:http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htmThis will predict your best time for a distance given your best time for another distance - might help you set a target.  Using your time to run a mile or 3 miles, as Lincoln Canary says, would be a good indicator.  The ratio is 5 miles = 8 kilometres, so 5k is about 3.16 miles.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Is that Jonathan Richman from the Modern Lovers as your avatar?

[/quote]

Yes, and the lyrics are from the magnificent Pablo Picasso from the first Modern lovers album.

I have that album (or some of it) on my running iPod - "She Cracked", "Roadrunner".If anyone is into running generally, there''s a new free event called Parkrun which takes place every Saturday in Eaton Park, Norwich - it''s a 5k run, 3 laps of the park.  I did the first one three weeks ago & will run it every week...http://www.parkrun.org.uk/norwich/Home.aspxGood chance for a trial run/tune-up/morning jog with some other people.

[quote user="missing in action"]Cheers for the info MC. im going to take part and gauge my pace. hopefully will be ok.and thank you very much for your donation WAY, means a lot :)[/quote]Did you run it today, and how did you get on?  I meant to tell you to look out for the runner with the bandaged left leg, that would be me.

i didnt  attend eaton park today as a friend put me through my paces at whittlingham. but am very much intent on going next week as it will be good to see how i can cope with the pace of other regular runners.

[quote user="missing in action"]i didnt  attend eaton park today as a friend put me through my paces at whittlingham. but am very much intent on going next week as it will be good to see how i can cope with the pace of other regular runners.
[/quote]

Well good luck with that matey, let us know how you get on [Y]