Sign in to follow this  
dezmondo18

Jackson

How many leading League One scorers have choked in the Championship?! It took Billy Sharp a good few seasons to adjust after prolific seasons at Scunthrope.Gillingham didn''t win a single game away from home last season, like it or not, Jackson played a part in that awful stat. Lambert doesn''t have a proven record in the transfer market, I hope we''ve spent wisely.[li]

[quote user="Freethorpe Canary"]How many leading League One scorers have choked in the Championship?! It took Billy Sharp a good few seasons to adjust after prolific seasons at Scunthrope.Gillingham didn''t win a single game away from home last season, like it or not, Jackson played a part in that awful stat. Lambert doesn''t have a proven record in the transfer market, I hope we''ve spent wisely.[li][/quote]How many have not "choked"? Jason Scotland? Jamie Cureton? Chris Iwelumo? Gary Hooper? Nicky Maynard? Freddy Eastwood? Matt Fryatt? Craig Mackail-Smith? Martin Paterson?Off the top of my head.

As for Gillingham, i went over this in your recent thread (in summary minimal, if any blame can be pointed at him, and he excelled as much as he could under very difficult circumstances).Your arguments are unsubstantiated drivel, and frankly i''m struggling to gather why i''ve bothered to reply because i honestly suspect you''re a WUM.

The bloke (freethorpe) is clearly a binner, so don''t worry about his senseless drivel.....Jackson will prove to be a very good signing.Well i say a binner.....the only other option is that he''s a regular participant on canary call.

Well, let''s all hope Jackson can make the step up.

When previously he''s ''stepped up'' and played for the Canada national and U-21 teams his record is not good in terms of end product (1 goal in 17 appearances).

My instinct though is that he''ll turn out to be a good ''un, particularly if he can get a couple of goals under his belt early. Plus (I understand) he adds the element of pace to our stikeforce which can be so critical at championship level.

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="dezmondo18"]you can clearly read what i wrote ,so im not gonna argue with you comment or dont im not bothered.

But it does appear people are more intrested in picking holes instead of having a actual opinion on what people write
[/quote]

1)Sentences start with a capital letter.....Y not y.

2) "what i wrote" incorrect grammar,should be "what i have written".

3)im should be i''m or i am.

4)gonna should be going to.

5) you should be your.

6)dont im should read don''t i''m or do not i am.

7)Sentences do not start with but.

8)Incorrect spelling of intrested,i take it you mean interested?

9)Words starting with a vowel do not have "a" before them,it should be "an" as in "an actual"

10)Finally sentences end in a full stop.

[/quote]

FYI It used to be considered grammatically incorrect to start a sentance with ''but'' because "but" is a conjunction, just like "and". However it is now accepted, many writers use the construction for effect. Placing a full stop before the conjunction makes a larger separation in time and thought.

So there! ( I like Jackson and believe that he will be a great signing for Norwich...)

[quote user="City1st"]"Language is a way of communication"And if that language is meaningless drivel then part of that communication is stating that. As in, if you could not hear or understand someone you would say so."which is not something they should be forced to change"Who was forcing anyone to change. It was pointed out that the original post read as unintelligible drivel. No more force than if you flies were undone and someone pointed it out  ?"That''s just imposing your way of being on someone else"Nonsense. Asking someone to clarify their meaning is not imposing at all. Without a reasoned and accrepted understanding of what was meant the forum would not work.

[/quote]I think this would be understandable, if it was not for the fact that he WAS understandable from the outset. It would have taken less effort for you to have read his post a little bit slower if you had not fully understood it, rather than instantly got on his back. This suggests strongly to me that you did it to prove a point, and to attempt to assert your superiority over someone else.And also, after all your bickering about similar errors, "accrepted"? I only point this out to show that if these are the standards you expect of others, you should uphold them yourself too.

Good evening ,

I would like to take this oppotunity to express my suprise on the fact that this thread is still running.

I have been to turkey where I must say it is incredible hot (52 degrees ) anyway thanks for the comments I must say it was fun to read back lol.

To the new season, Cheers otbc

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="dezmondo18"]you can clearly read what i wrote ,so im not gonna argue with you comment or dont im not bothered.

But it does appear people are more intrested in picking holes instead of having a actual opinion on what people write
[/quote]

This looks like a text message on a 10 year old''s mobile phone who has been bunking his english lessons for the last 6 months.I lost the will to live after 6 grammar and spelling mistakes.Not bad for a 2 line post.

[/quote]

I lose the will to live when reading any of your posts ... Why do you insist on using italics all the time, it makes you appear a little bit "special" and makes reading of your posts difficult for some.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="dezmondo18"]Well my grammar ain''t going to change anytime soon so I''d appreciate the few who have a problem with it, do just as you say and just talk about the subject, not every is as competent as others , people have different skill levels and languages and guess what people get on with it please do the same at the end of the day we all bleed yellow :).[/quote]

OK you have had your English lesson for the day. Now for maths you can understand!

Mathematics 

This comes from 2 maths teachers with a combined total of 70 yrs. experience.It has an indisputable mathematical logic. It also made me Laugh Out Loud.This is a strictly mathematical viewpoint...it goes like this: What Makes 100%?What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.How about achieving 103%?What makes up 100% in life? Here''s a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions: If: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is represented as: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26. Then: H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98% and K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96% But , A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E 1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100% And, B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T 2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103% AND, look how far ass kissing will take you. A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G 1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118% So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty, that while Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, its the Bullshit and Ass Kissing that will put you over the top.

Now I know why some people are where they are!
[/quote]By that logic ''brown nosing'' gets you a long way!