Sign in to follow this  
ncfc_1902

Interesting article RE Forster here....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/06/07/young-newcastle-goalkeepers-in-big-demand-72703-26603458/

I would hope we are in poll position to get him but he appears to be in considerable demand.  That said, there''s only one Coolknee.

In the article it saya that fraser will feature in the magpies'' pre-season games. Can we take the risk of waiting until the season is kust about to start and then learn that he won''t be going out on loan? I would imagine PL has a deadline in mind beyond which plan B is implemented for the ''keeper position.

I agree yes, I''d rather we sorted out a loan deal asap rather than waiting until just before the season starts. For what its worth I think that Newcastle need a new keeper anyway cos I''m not sure that Harper is up to it

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Even if he could be no. 2, Fraser came across as wanting to start games, not warm the bench hoping to get a chance[/quote]

I don''t agree at all. He clearly wants to play for Newcastle and if he was made No.2 he would certainly have a chance of featuring in a few games for Newcastle, maybe even in Premiership matches.

Whereas if he stays as No.3 then of course he will want to go out on loan and get games.

Can''t see Lambert and McNally leaving it that long. If Fraser isn''t signed before pre season I don''t think he is coming regardless of the fact that he is an absolutely special talent. I have been really impressed by the way we have gone about are recruitment this season. He is trying to get all the players in early so they can settle and he can decide on his strongest team. Nothing is being left to chance. So I can''t see him taking a gamble on the goalkeeping area which is arguably the most important position in the team because it breeds confidence throughout the rest of the side. I would be very surprised if he doesn''t have other irons in the fire.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I can confirm its a done deal. Happy Days [:)][/quote]

Excellent news, cheers CUSDP.