Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Why no trophy presentation tomorrow?

Obviously we''d need to not lose, or Leeds not win, but I find it strange that we''ve got to wait untill Carlisle (I assume) before any trophy is awarded.  Probably no one from the football league can be bothered to head to Norwich, just in case we lose and Leeds win and they''d then have to make the trip again in a couple of weeks.

You don''t get the trophy until it''s yours, and at the moment we haven''t confirmed the title.  Expect something before the Carlisle game.

Obviously, how daft do you think I am?  But I''ve seen teams presented with their trophy post match when the outcome wasn''t known before the match, but was likely.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Obviously, how daft do you think I am?  But I''ve seen teams presented with their trophy post match when the outcome wasn''t known before the match, but was likely.[/quote]I don''t know, then.  Why not ask the Football League?

I have started to find this really annoying now (not the thread just the obsurdity of us not getting the Trophy on Saturday if do the job). Purely because I had some moron in the pub yesterday telling me that we are not going to get it because a points deduction is imminent. That is of course utter rubbish, but its annoying how rumours start. I appreciate the irony of the post as I am probably helping to spread the rumour but I am angry!

Anyone know if the rumour that we can keep the trophy, as its the final season of the coca cola sponsorship and npower will have a new one, is true?

I was always under the impression that if you clinched the title with home games remaining then you are presented with it at your next home game , Did the Toon get their trophy at Plmouth , I dont recall seeing it , they are obviously getting it tomorrow at their next home game

We won;t get a points deduction , no other club ever has , so the appeal would be in before the news hit the press

In the football league you''ll never get the trophy away from home, but in my mind it should be awarded directly after the match tomorrow on the pitch (assuming we don''t lose etc. etc.). 

The Football League''s policy dictates that you can''t be presented a trophy away from home. This has happened a few times over the last few years (to us as well, because we didn''t clinch the actual title until the last couple of games which were played away). as it pertains to the actual presentation, I''m pretty sure the presentation doesn''t take place until the last home game of the season, ala Wolves last season. Personally, I''ve now got tickets for both games. So it makes no difference to me.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Obviously we''d need to not lose, or Leeds not win, but I find it strange that we''ve got to wait untill Carlisle (I assume) before any trophy is awarded.  Probably no one from the football league can be bothered to head to Norwich, just in case we lose and Leeds win and they''d then have to make the trip again in a couple of weeks.
[/quote]

You answered your own question. The Football League deal in certainties, not probabilities. Imagine the egg on their face, not to mention time and expense wasted if we didn''t win the League. A minor miracle if that happened though as we all know.

Not sure why it matters to you anyway? The Carlisle game will be better IMO with all presentations (P.O.T.S, League title) etc awarded on the same day.

i have to say i think it is great as tomorrow is the first home game i am going to miss due to my older daughters 12th birthday so am delighted its not goingt o be presented until the Carlisle game [:D]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]i have to say i think it is great as tomorrow is the first home game i am going to miss due to my older daughters 12th birthday so am delighted its not goingt o be presented until the Carlisle game [:D]
[/quote]

Why are you not you taking your daughter to the match as special birthday treat?

she has her own season ticket but wanted to do something with my partner and her little sister as well and lil sis is too young for the footie so for once had to think of the family [:(] but i will be back for Carlisle [:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]We will get it AFTER the Carlisle game.............[/quote]

I hope so, getting it before the match seems a bit naff and stupid!  I have never seen or heard of any team getting it before a match in my life!  Getting it before, all the players will be celebrating, running around the pitch etc and then go back to changing rooms, spray champagne everywhere and then remember, oh, weve got a game to play!