Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Voices in the crowd

What is it with City supporters and doom mongering? Yet again today I had the pleasure of being stuck next to the Chris Martin fan club, who kept up an incessant stream of invective against our striker as he failed to "put himself about" to their satisfaction. However this time we were treated to the full repertoire of how a 9 point lead wasn''t going to be enough to see us up, Holt''s suspension would finish our season and how the players were guilty of complacency which would see us stay in League One as we are now rubbish.

My wife, who is much less flammable than me, asked "why do people bother coming if all they''re going to do is moan". A good question, but I genuinely believe a lot of people actual enjoy us struggling so that they can sit and gripe. God knows we were far from our best today, but we kept going and picked up a valuable point and are still in a great position, yet none of that seems to matter to the resident miseries, although the fact that Chrissy got the goal must have stuck in their throats.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

What is it with City supporters and doom mongering? Yet again today I had the pleasure of being stuck next to the Chris Martin fan club, who kept up an incessant stream of invective against our striker as he failed to "put himself about" to their satisfaction. However this time we were treated to the full repertoire of how a 9 point lead wasn''t going to be enough to see us up, Holt''s suspension would finish our season and how the players were guilty of complacency which would see us stay in League One as we are now rubbish.

My wife, who is much less flammable than me, asked "why do people bother coming if all they''re going to do is moan". A good question, but I genuinely believe a lot of people actual enjoy us struggling so that they can sit and gripe. God knows we were far from our best today, but we kept going and picked up a valuable point and are still in a great position, yet none of that seems to matter to the resident miseries, although the fact that Chrissy got the goal must have stuck in their throats.

[/quote]

Moans or frustration! i heard lots of frustration, but most were behind the team!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

They''d probably left by then !

This has been going on since time immemorial though - 30 years ago, their dads would have been having the same conversations.  To a fair number of norfolk people it seems, having a good moan is an afternoons'' entertainment.

I was next to the Lappin-haters.Poor bloke,all he had to do was touch the ball and they were on his back.It didn''t matter if it was a good or bad pass.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

How is Smudger, OK I trust?