Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Facts ahead of Charlton

Over the last 10 games:Charltons goal difference is 0: Scored 11 Conceded 11Their biggest defeat was to Millwall away 4-0Their biggest home defeat was to Brighton 1-2Their biggest win at home was to Stockport 2-0Their top scoreres over the seasonBurton 13 goals 6 yellows 1 redBailey 11 goals 4 yellows 0 redsCompared to NorwichNorwich goal difference is 4: Scored 16 Conceded 12Our biggest defeat was to Tranmere away 3-1Our biggest home defeat was to Southampton 0-2Our biggest away win was to Huddersfield 3-1Our top scorers over the seasonHolt 24 goals 8 yeallows 1 redMartin 16 goals 6 yellows 0 redsHoolahan 11 goals 2 yellows 0 redsDoherty 5 goals 5 yellows 0 redsGoals for both teams are from league competition only (Charlton haven''t scored anywhere else anyways)History of old seasons counts for nothing in my opinion. Those stats favour us even without Holt playing. Hoolahan nobody knows about yet other than rumours.The reason I have only listed two top scorers from Charlton is because nobody else has enough goals worth mentioning.

Makes a nice change from all the "our players are crap, our tactics are awful, we''re going to lose every game left" threads[Y]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, I have to say I admire your optimism![Y][/quote]It''s the only wait to be dearest Mortitious! What good is moping around going to do?! OTBC!

Dunno if this is true, but a friend told me we hadn''t won at Charlton since 1981...

(like I said - could be totally wrong... pinch of salt etc)

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="morty"]Lol, I have to say I admire your optimism![Y][/quote]It''s the only wait to be dearest Mortitious! What good is moping around going to do?! OTBC![/quote]I''m somewhere between "reflective" and "depressed" right now.I still think we''ll do it, but it will be agony every single step of the way!!

[quote user="First Jedi"]Dunno if this is true, but a friend told me we hadn''t won at Charlton since 1981...

(like I said - could be totally wrong... pinch of salt etc)[/quote]Things like that make me laugh though as history really shouldn''t make any difference whatsoever.Different teams, different league, different stadium too lol.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Over the last 10 games:Charltons goal difference is 0: Scored 11 Conceded 11Their biggest defeat was to Millwall away 4-0Their biggest home defeat was to Brighton 1-2Their biggest win at home was to Stockport 2-0Their top scoreres over the seasonBurton 13 goals 6 yellows 1 redBailey 11 goals 4 yellows 0 redsCompared to NorwichNorwich goal difference is 4: Scored 16 Conceded 12Our biggest defeat was to Tranmere away 3-1Our biggest home defeat was to Southampton 0-2Our biggest away win was to Huddersfield 3-1Our top scorers over the seasonHolt 24 goals 8 yeallows 1 redMartin 16 goals 6 yellows 0 redsHoolahan 11 goals 2 yellows 0 redsDoherty 5 goals 5 yellows 0 redsGoals for both teams are from league competition only (Charlton haven''t scored anywhere else anyways)History of old seasons counts for nothing in my opinion. Those stats favour us even without Holt playing. Hoolahan nobody knows about yet other than rumours.The reason I have only listed two top scorers from Charlton is because nobody else has enough goals worth mentioning.[/quote]I''m not sure if the stats do favour us. Charlton have lost 2 games at home, we have lost 6 away. Strangely, Charlton''s home losses were against Brighton & Orient. So perhaps Orient aren''t as crap as we would liked to have thought and they''re leaugue position suggests. Funny old game!!

our biggest defeat is Colchester as well. Got an interesting fact for you. we Havant lost two games in a row all season. There is hope