Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Lamberts Targets and size of Transfer pot

" I think the financial benefits of moving from League 1 to Championship is minimal2

£25,000 for winning the league and " Championship sides each received £2.5m regardless of their final league position this season" suggests a bit more than minimal. Season tickets have been able to go up above inflation. Unlike the paupers down the road we have companies wanting to sposnsor us - how much our promotion will push those fees up is a moot ppint.

I''m not too sure if we will see many new players this summer. I doubt that Lambert could have made much of a good case for signing players during the season who were not going to feature in the Championship.

Sure, as said above the funds are always there when needed. Unlike the bankrupt council tenants down the A140 the club has actually been able to meet repayments and see the debt as much as other financial cincerns do. A means of spreading large one off payments over a longer term. rather than as elsewhere, allowing some halfwitted buffoon lose with a cheque book after years of underinvestment.

If anywhere we made need a decent keeper as I''m not sure whether we will be able to keep forster on loan after this season. The lad has been outstanding and as much part of our success as anyone else. Rudd has not the experience at thias level yet. I think Elliot has been brought in to stay. Another creative hlding midfielder would not go amiss.

But the important target will be where we are aiming to be in the laegue. As it stands we look more than capable of meeting the targets McNally and Lambert would have set.

As to the board ''pleading poverty'' I think they are being realistic, whereas the all too predictable comments on here about our supposed lack of funds are no more than the predictable bleats from the usual suspects.

Can''t be much fun seeing your own impoverished club struggling to make ends to meet with lowering season ticket sales, ever risng unmeetable debts and a chief executive who has freely admitted he hasn''t a cllue about football finance.

I wonder what their targets will be, loaning out a few more players to be able to pay off Mr Roy ? Mind you, up to their old tricks again, they still haven''t paid what they owe poor old ''mad jig'' yet.

[quote user="City1st"]" I think the financial benefits of moving from League 1 to Championship is minimal2 £25,000 for winning the league and " Championship sides each received £2.5m regardless of their final league position this season" suggests a bit more than minimal. Season tickets have been able to go up above inflation. Unlike the paupers down the road we have companies wanting to sposnsor us - how much our promotion will push those fees up is a moot ppint. I''m not too sure if we will see many new players this summer. I doubt that Lambert could have made much of a good case for signing players during the season who were not going to feature in the Championship. Sure, as said above the funds are always there when needed. Unlike the bankrupt council tenants down the A140 the club has actually been able to meet repayments and see the debt as much as other financial cincerns do. A means of spreading large one off payments over a longer term. rather than as elsewhere, allowing some halfwitted buffoon lose with a cheque book after years of underinvestment. If anywhere we made need a decent keeper as I''m not sure whether we will be able to keep forster on loan after this season. The lad has been outstanding and as much part of our success as anyone else. Rudd has not the experience at thias level yet. I think Elliot has been brought in to stay. Another creative hlding midfielder would not go amiss. But the important target will be where we are aiming to be in the laegue. As it stands we look more than capable of meeting the targets McNally and Lambert would have set. As to the board ''pleading poverty'' I think they are being realistic, whereas the all too predictable comments on here about our supposed lack of funds are no more than the predictable bleats from the usual suspects. Can''t be much fun seeing your own impoverished club struggling to make ends to meet with lowering season ticket sales, ever risng unmeetable debts and a chief executive who has freely admitted he hasn''t a cllue about football finance. I wonder what their targets will be, loaning out a few more players to be able to pay off Mr Roy ? Mind you, up to their old tricks again, they still haven''t paid what they owe poor old ''mad jig'' yet.[/quote]

"Supposed lack of funds"......You in the know, then?...

Oh, and do stop being a complete todger calling everyone who doesn''t concur with your perception of all things NCFC, as ''binners''....

when we were in the champ i seem to remember we had one of the highest playing budgets. So i assume we would be in a smimilar situation when we return. We spent a stupid amount on loans over half a million i seem to remember so i would assume that would be availible again. We spend roughly 800k (mostly on holt) So that would mean a budget of 1.3ish.

I seem to remember seeing an articile last year that relegation costs roughly 5million (our loss for the year). Plus we have had ticket increase prices of 15%ish, and a new sky deal with more money, plus the parachute payments.

Carl baker signed for coventry for a small amount and similaly lee barnard. So a few top league one players dont cost that much and there is quality in this league that can cut it. Throw in a few free transfers i think mid table is realistic target.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We are virtually in the chapionship again and if reports are to be believed Lambert has already been promised cash to strengthen the squad. My rough estimate is that the club will be £5m or so better off than being in league 1 but a chunk of that will be earmarked to reduce the debt. I would guess that he will be given @ £2m to strengthen the squad. With a shrewd eye that can still go a long way these days. I fancy he will buy a couple of top performers from league 1 with the cash plus the odd out of contract player. There may be some good targets from the league 1 teams that fail with promotion and Bristol Rovers have a good scoring midfielder though i forget his name. Also the Forster issue will have to be progressed, possibly an extended loan as i think he would be exposed in the premiership at the moment[/quote]

Well you need to factor in:

£2.5m approx to service the debts that we are not doing this season thanks to a holiday.

40% increase in the players wages (source: recent NCFC. Plc AGM.) So if our current season wages are say £4m. then thats another £1.6m.

Then they will have to give Lambert and co. a pay rise.

So that doesn''t exactly leave you much from the extra £5m does it!!

We should be a top half club in the CCC, at least. Half the teams there are not regular serious contenders for the Prem and being in CCC is their moment of glory.

As such, we should have funds available to make decent purchases, but more importantly we have a manager who seems to know how to use the players he has. Grant and Roeder were all about making their mark on the team despite screwing with the chemistry. Lambert seems to be in contention for a Nobel with the way he seems to handle team chemistry - ha ha.

[quote user="City penguin"]

when we were in the champ i seem to remember we had one of the highest playing budgets. So i assume we would be in a smimilar situation when we return. We spent a stupid amount on loans over half a million i seem to remember so i would assume that would be availible again. We spend roughly 800k (mostly on holt) So that would mean a budget of 1.3ish.

I seem to remember seeing an articile last year that relegation costs roughly 5million (our loss for the year). Plus we have had ticket increase prices of 15%ish, and a new sky deal with more money, plus the parachute payments.

Carl baker signed for coventry for a small amount and similarly lee barnard. So a few top league one players dont cost that much and there is quality in this league that can cut it. Throw in a few free transfers i think mid table is realistic target.

[/quote]Two players who I would have very much liked to have seen at Carrow Road... [Y]Lower league players I have liked the look of this season include Crewe''s Joel Grant (although I guess we don''t need another out and out left winger), if Leeds or Swindon don''t want him and we decide to offload both Rose and Wiggins then how about Alan Sheehan as cover for Drury?  Anthony Pilkington (Huddersfield) - can play on either wing and chips in with a few goals as well as creating them - at 22yrs of age he has potential to develop further and at 6ft tall he can also win his fair share of ball in the midfield challenges.  I agree that Bristol Rovers - Chris Lines is a great shout - a big tall goalscoring centre midfielder who can get from box to box, again with further room to develop, we could certainly do with.  As for strikers, I think that Adam Le Fondre still has more than a year to run on his contract, Simeon Jackson I have liked for quite a while - but think that he would be a bit too pricey for us maybe.  I also think that maybe it would be woirth asking what the price is for Billy Sharp who seems unwanted at Sheff Utd but has been doing extremely well at Doncaster this season.  Also worth seeing how much they would want for Ched Evans with him down their pecking order.  If there is any truth in the recent Paul Hayes rumour then he could be good back up for Holt from the bench maybe - but I think this is defo a no go as we would look rather stupid having let him go for nothing previously.  We missed out on my chosen target upfront when Southampton signed Lee Barnard in January so I reckon that we will now have to spend a few quid to bring another option in pre-season.  Maybe woth having another look at Rochdale''s Dagnall as back up for Holt?  Would also probably see what the going rate is going to be for either Billy Paynter or Charlie Austin if Swindon do not get promoted with us.Is certainly going to be interesting to see what new faces arrive at Carrow Road in the summer.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="City penguin"]

Carl baker signed for coventry for a small amount and similarly lee barnard. So a few top league one players dont cost that much and there is quality in this league that can cut it. Throw in a few free transfers i think mid table is realistic target.

[/quote]

Two players who I would have very much liked to have seen at Carrow Road... [Y]

Lower league players I have liked the look of this season include Crewe''s Joel Grant (although I guess we don''t need another out and out left winger), if Leeds or Swindon don''t want him and we decide to offload both Rose and Wiggins then how about Alan Sheehan as cover for Drury?  Anthony Pilkington (Huddersfield) - can play on either wing and chips in with a few goals as well as creating them - at 22yrs of age he has potential to develop further and at 6ft tall he can also win his fair share of ball in the midfield challenges.  I agree that Bristol Rovers - Chris Lines is a great shout - a big tall goalscoring centre midfielder who can get from box to box, again with further room to develop, we could certainly do with. 

As for strikers, I think that Adam Le Fondre still has more than a year to run on his contract, Simeon Jackson I have liked for quite a while - but think that he would be a bit too pricey for us maybe.  I also think that maybe it would be woirth asking what the price is for Billy Sharp who seems unwanted at Sheff Utd but has been doing extremely well at Doncaster this season.  Also worth seeing how much they would want for Ched Evans with him down their pecking order.  If there is any truth in the recent Paul Hayes rumour then he could be good back up for Holt from the bench maybe - but I think this is defo a no go as we would look rather stupid having let him go for nothing previously.  We missed out on my chosen target upfront when Southampton signed Lee Barnard in January so I reckon that we will now have to spend a few quid to bring another option in pre-season.  Maybe woth having another look at Rochdale''s Dagnall as back up for Holt?  Would also probably see what the going rate is going to be for either Billy Paynter or Charlie Austin if Swindon do not get promoted with us.

Is certainly going to be interesting to see what new faces arrive at Carrow Road in the summer.
[/quote]

Hi Smudge although he came on and scored Thursday night against Brighton interesting to see that Barnard is now warming the bench at Southampton. Looks like your man McNamee maybe getting his chance as it seems Hoolahan could be out for the rest of the season

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="City penguin"]

[/quote]Two players who I would have very much liked to have seen at Carrow Road... [Y]Lower league players I have liked the look of this season include Crewe''s Joel Grant (although I guess we don''t need another out and out left winger), if Leeds or Swindon don''t want him and we decide to offload both Rose and Wiggins then how about Alan Sheehan as cover for Drury?  Anthony Pilkington (Huddersfield) - can play on either wing and chips in with a few goals as well as creating them - at 22yrs of age he has potential to develop further and at 6ft tall he can also win his fair share of ball in the midfield challenges.  I agree that Bristol Rovers - Chris Lines is a great shout - a big tall goalscoring centre midfielder who can get from box to box, again with further room to develop, we could certainly do with.  As for strikers, I think that Adam Le Fondre still has more than a year to run on his contract, Simeon Jackson I have liked for quite a while - but think that he would be a bit too pricey for us maybe.  I also think that maybe it would be woirth asking what the price is for Billy Sharp who seems unwanted at Sheff Utd but has been doing extremely well at Doncaster this season.  Also worth seeing how much they would want for Ched Evans with him down their pecking order.  If there is any truth in the recent Paul Hayes rumour then he could be good back up for Holt from the bench maybe - but I think this is defo a no go as we would look rather stupid having let him go for nothing previously.  We missed out on my chosen target upfront when Southampton signed Lee Barnard in January so I reckon that we will now have to spend a few quid to bring another option in pre-season.  Maybe woth having another look at Rochdale''s Dagnall as back up for Holt?  Would also probably see what the going rate is going to be for either Billy Paynter or Charlie Austin if Swindon do not get promoted with us.Is certainly going to be interesting to see what new faces arrive at Carrow Road in the summer.[/quote]

Hi Smudge although he came on and scored Thursday night against Brighton interesting to see that Barnard is now warming the bench at Southampton. Looks like your man McNamee maybe getting his chance as it seems Hoolahan could be out for the rest of the season

[/quote]Given that Barnard has scored about 6 or 7 league goals in approx 12 games for the Saints I would think that there would be another reason for him starting from the bench (not that I had noticed this).I think McNamee has been very unlucky to spend so much time on the bench recently.  Lets hope he can do the business if called up today!