Sign in to follow this  
city4eva

Charlton Parking

Has anyone driven before and know where to park. I have searched online and evry site says it is difficult to get a spot.

any help apreciated

I always park in the same place. Difficult to describe but once out of Blackwall when you turn off left for the ground you come to a roundabout. Usually you turn right for the ground but turn left back towards the river. Parking all the way down on LHS. If nothing take left at the end (in the Thames if you go any further) and there is a little side road. Always managed to find somewhere. There is a pub there as well but no away colours, 15 - 20 min walk to ground.

[quote user="city4eva"]Has anyone driven before and know where to park. I have searched online and evry site says it is difficult to get a spot. any help apreciated[/quote]

Blimey you plan ahead, presume you''re in group 1 or 2 and have your ticket sorted you lucky person [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="city4eva"]Has anyone driven before and know where to park. I have searched online and evry site says it is difficult to get a spot. any help apreciated[/quote]

Blimey you plan ahead, presume you''re in group 1 or 2 and have your ticket sorted you lucky person [:)]

[/quote]

Thanks again for replies. I am planning ahead cause I was thinking of going on train but prices are going up and they are non refundable. so it is now the car, dont do coach travel.

Last year i parked on a little industrial estate and payed the security officer a fiver. turn left on the roundabout istead of right for the groud and its on your right! you see the theiving guards hut!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Got good parking last year, off road, £5, right near the pub where all the away fans go![/quote]

Which is where?

Try Eastmoor St or Westmoor St. I parked in Eastmoor St last season. About 10 mins from the ground and don''t have to pay. Plenty of space when I got there. Its a bit of a grotty area though but then, where isn''t round there!