Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Leeds fans are not arrogant.

They simply have one of if not the biggest chip on their shoulder of all fans.

They desperately want to have a top team and compensate for the lack of one by behaviour which makes others in football despise them and so begins a vicious circle.

I didn''t see any thuggery today but reports of people with children being targetted by Leeds fans is nothing other than cowardice.

As for their singing about being European Champions, how self-delusionary can you get.

The only person associated with Leeds I have any time for is Grayson who shows digniity and self respect.

Good post. They just seem to live on the past and still think they are the best in Europe.

By all this thuggery and hooliganism it just shows how much it hurts them to be a very poor team stuck in Division 3. Long may it continue to be honest.

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]Good post. They just seem to live on the past and still think they are the best in Europe. By all this thuggery and hooliganism it just shows how much it hurts them to be a very poor team stuck in Division 3. Long may it continue to be honest.[/quote]

Your comment on ''thuggery and hooliganism'' is a joke. In response to another thread on here which read ''We all stopped in front of the Nelson singing and abusing Leeds'', you replied -

''Yep a good mob was out today for Norwich. Not gonna let those Leeds scum take the p*ss in our fine city are we.''

Glad to see that you''re not displaying the same ''thug and hooligan'' mentality, then....

It''s all street corner boy nonsense. It offends me but is a constant and will never go away.

The majority of fans are, I should assume, like me. We go to a games to see football and support our team and not get involved in gang warfare. Maybe we are too quiet sometimes, but that''s us. We think not shout. The word "scum" is objectionable to me.

Yes, let the youngsters sing and have their chants, it adds to the atmosphere tremendously. How can you expect anybody over the age of thirty to get involved in these chants. It''s for the youngsters and good for them and I particularly enjoy it when I go to away games, for some reason. A bit of NCFC patriotism swells inside me.

Fighting? No. Looking for gang warfare? No. Getting pleasure from baiting rival fans outside pubs? No.   

Unfortunately this country is involved in real wars against proper enemies at the moment. Why fight against ourselves just because they favour another football team? I should not imagine that the men fighting in Afganistan are the slightest bit bothered about what club the soldier next door to them on the front line supports. They have more important things to be concerned about.

Perhaps some of these, usually drunken, yoblets should be put in uniform and sent there for a spell to learn what the real World is about.

There are "scum" in this World but they hardly qualify just because they support a rival football club for goodness sake. 

I am aware that this is a sanctimonious and reactionary post, but I feel that I am now old enough to have the right to be both of those things sometimes.

"They desperately want to have a top team and compensate for the lack of one by behaviour which makes others in football despise them and so begins a vicious circle"

Nope, totally incorrect. My sister was in Paris in May 1975 when Leeds lost to Bayern Munich in the European Cup. The riots during the game and that followed were shocking. Seats and anything else was thrown on the pitch. The fans caused havoc in Paris smashing anything in sight. This was nothing to do with fighting with other fans nor or the loss of a game. The later riots in Bournemouth demonstrated that. No one in Bournemouth had despised them. Leeds were being promoted.

Were it to have been the Germans who had smashed cafes, windows, cars and virtually any thing breakable this would have been laid down in legend. It was not just inanimate objects broken, thefts, muggings and attcks on local parisiens were repopted.

My sister said that watching it she was ashamed to be English. Maybe the Galatasarey murders might be put into that context.

it should also be borne in mind that what went on in the seventies was far, far worse than ever the playground stuff of the eighties. There were no cctv or any real coverage of the violence. I was involved and saw a massive running fight in PoW Rd between City and West Ham fans., the numbers ran into hundreds. The old bill didn''t arrive until about a quarter of an hour after and were pretty much powerless. It spread up onto Castle Meadow. Nothing was reported on any TV station or local papers.

Was is correct is that they have a massive chip on their shoulders. Anyone having been to Haedingly cricket will be all too familiar with the moronic dirge of " yorkshire, yorkshire ". Whatever the reasons we should not have to be faced with this pile of dog shite being dumped on our doorstep

Sadly Leeds fans have not moved on from those dasy. Technology and attitudes have.

Hold the police accountable for the lack of control. Hold Leeds United accountable for who it sells tickets to and hold NCFC accountable for both of the above.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]Good post. They just seem to live on the past and still think they are the best in Europe. By all this thuggery and hooliganism it just shows how much it hurts them to be a very poor team stuck in Division 3. Long may it continue to be honest.[/quote]

Your comment on ''thuggery and hooliganism'' is a joke. In response to another thread on here which read ''We all stopped in front of the Nelson singing and abusing Leeds'', you replied -

''Yep a good mob was out today for Norwich. Not gonna let those Leeds scum take the p*ss in our fine city are we.''

Glad to see that you''re not displaying the same ''thug and hooligan'' mentality, then....

[/quote]

If a point is worth making its worth making in purple :)

[quote user="City1st"]"My sister was in Paris in May 1975 when Leeds lost to Bayern Munich in the European Cup. The riots during the game and that followed were shocking. Seats and anything else was thrown on the pitch. The fans caused havoc in Paris smashing anything in sight. This was nothing to do with fighting with other fans nor or the loss of a game. [/quote]

Yes it was to do with the game!! it was to do with them being cheated out of it by a ref who was clearly bent! ...I know this as there was documentry on ch4a few years back  about corruption in the game covering fash and grob/italian bribing/fixing matches for middle eastern betting syndicates etc(this is where i learnt sheff wed players were jailed in 60`s for throwing matches including against ips... and they won the league that season by 1 pnt over burnly),so it wasnt just mindless vandalism it was anger..Though still wrong