Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Ratings Vs Fulham

• Greeno 7 Looked edgy at times but made some good saves
  • Drury 6 Didn''t do much wrong
  • Eddy 6 Likewise, nothing outstanding but didn''t do much wrong
  • The Doc 5 I lost count of how many fouls he gave away.  Didn''t link up with Flem.  Generally poor
  • Flem 5 Generally poor too
  • Hucks 5 Pretty poor.  Didn''t offer much
  • Bents 5 May as well have not been there.  Nb, if you''re going to shoot from outside the box David, test the goalkeeper
  • Helveg 6 He didn''t do anything today to change my opinion of him.  Gave the ball away though
  • Mullers 6 What is the hysteria with Mulryne??  For our supposed play maker he gave the ball away plenty and offered no creativity. Why do so many people think he''s the greatest player we have??
  • Sven 5 Very poor.  Worse game I''ve seen for a while
  • McKenzie 7 Man of the Match, without having an effort on goal.  He''s a very tricky player Leon, he just needs to find the back of the net.

I found today that our central midfield two were too similar a players.  And they played soooo bloody deep. 

Ho hum.  Roll on Bolton

i would give the same ratings aswell. if i had to change some i would give hucks a 6 because he did put a lot of effort in, even though he was no where near his best. and i would possibly think about giving svensson a 4 because he was quite awful. needs to be replaced, why not play jarvis???

James, the reason Worthy doesn''t play Jarvis is the same reason why he doesn''t play Shackell, they are both young and talented.  There is no place for that sort of player in our managers team sadly.

As for the ratings, Green, McKenzie, Edworthy and Huckerby looked like the only players who were up for the fight.  Drury and Fleming played fairly steady, as did Safri and Jonson when they came on as subs.

Svensson was his usual ineffective self up front, Mulryne, Helveg and Bentley looked lost in midfield, but worst of all, Doherty couldn''t make one challenge without having to put his arms all over his opponent.  Even Malky never gave as many fouls away as Doherty did. 

I was one of those supporters asking to see Doherty play at the back, but quite frankly I admit I was wrong, and I don''t need to see him have an extended run in that position because he is a complete liability.  If ever there was a case for playing Shackell it was this game.

In my opinion was the poorest home performance I have watched so far this season.

just a couple of points, firstly i said about jarvis 2 weeks ago and the responce was basically i must be having a laugh so i am glad someone is at last realising he must be worth a go and secondly, it is ok critisising players, but why have a dig a bentley for not hitting the target, at least he bought the lottery ticket, at least he had a go which is more than we can say for most of our team.

Poor performance by most in a yellow shirt yesterday apart from Leon. Svennson was god-awful and Bentley did not look one bit interested. I think this kid is majorly over-rated and i really cant see what all the hype is all about...The next Dennis Bergkamp? Dont make me laugh! Lets get McVeigh in next game and lets give Jonson a go up front.

QUOTE : lets give Jonson a go up front.

Yes, why not? He was in a forward position on more than one occasion yesterday. Good job he was, because nobody else was!!

Green had quite a good game, especially at the end when he made 2 or 3 brill saves.

Doherty was better in a defensive position.

Safri looked good when he came on.

According to the EDP Mulryne was going to "go for goal" yesterday but, as we saw, didn''t!

Huckerby was ok but as soon as he gets the ball he has two of the opposition on him.

McKenzie is full of energy but I am afraid that all I feel he has.

Bentley put in a few good crosses and was a bit better than usual.

Svensson was dreadful.

We missed Francis. Hope he will be back soon.

Green - 6 - Good saves but looked nervous at times. Worth an extra point though just for smacking the ball at Andy Cole to get him booked

Eddy - 6 - Steady as ever but got caught a couple of times

Doherty - 5 - Generally solid but had his arms up ALL the time giving away a ridiculous amount of free kicks

Fleming - 5 - Poor game by his standards. Looked off the pace of the game and played far too deep.

Drury - 5 - Struggled abit and didn''t do as well as he usually does going forward

Mullers - 6 - Did alright but again played far too deep

Helveg - 6 - Bodged up some really bad passers but possibly down to the fact that he was expecting other players to do something off the ball when they didn''t

Bentley - 5 - One nice flick and a couple of wayward shots. At least he had a go, though

Hucks - 6 - Man marked by two Fulham players throughout the entire game. Went down too easily and seemed bogged down on the left. Give him a free role

Jonson - 5 - How on earth did he miss that header? 6 yards out and all he had to do was nod it into the empty net and he steered it wide. Unbelievable at this level

Svensson - 4 - Probably his worst performance of the season and it''s all because he talked it up upon himself in mid-week

Leon - 7 - Man of the match simply because he showed more passion than anyone else on the pitch.

Saffri - 5 - Didn''t change anything when he came on. A player who''s fighting for his position in the team needs to come on with a bang and change the tone of the game smartish!

The Fans - 6 - Made plenty of noise but it was clear they were becoming frustrated towards the end and some even started leaving before the final whistle

[quote]Green - 6 - Good saves but looked nervous at times. Worth an extra point though just for smacking the ball at Andy Cole to get him booked Eddy - 6 - Steady as ever but got caught a couple of times D...[/quote]

Leon  throws himself about  , but is usually ineffective  where it matters ........ and thats  in front of the goal ! , and he`s certainly not on his own  in that department !  , Svens point blank misses  are quite pathetic ...... who says he`s a striker ? .......... Bentley should be sent back pronto , he`s just a liability , no  interest in making any sort of effort ...........

I`ve said this before , and I`ll say it again , forget this ludicrous  left position  for Hucks ..........  he should replace Sven ASAP ! .........   and  I have a message for  Hucks !...... no more Mr nice guy  eh !! .......  I know thats hard  for you ,  but  we need  evil up front  now

Defence
Greeno - solid as ever 7
Eddie - as committed as ever but woeful going forward and naive defencively 5
Fleming - seems to have lost his composure. Intent on glaring at fans, team members and opponents alike. Dragged out of position too easily and look like a headless chicken on occassions as he chased the ball. 5
Doc - too soon to tell. Conceeded too many free kicks when its was clear ref was going to penalise physical contact - should have learnt earlier. Like Iwan used his arms to hold opponent too much. Liek Iwan not up to this level? 5
Drury - continues to get horrendously exposed by Hux solid game defensively but poor going forward 5.

Defence still lacks any cohesion or organisation a leader is needed and personnel have to be changed. Charlie was missed and Flem and Eddie continue to be our achilles heel. Charlie and Shacks my preferred middle partnership and if Helveg in midfield Eddie keeps his place by default.

Midfield
For ''Right midfield'' read secondary defender supporting poor right back. Bentley worked hard but never looked a threat going forward as a result of defending duties. Some good touches but not enough for someone being played out of position - 5
Mullers - so frustrating - passionate against soton but ineffective since; typically failed to be available for the ball by hiding against opponents midfielders and very poor with the ball. Didnt get forward enough. Poor 5
Helveg - too good for this side; so many passes looked worse than they were due to lack of movement from own players. Another out of position but covered defensively well and looked to create 6.
Hux. Our only truly threatening player and we chose to minimise his effectiveness by playing him on the flank. Marked out of the game too easily, ran into too many blin alleys and looking for penalties that never were. Another player out of prefered position - 6.
Safri - a Mullers clone. Too slow, some good touches didnt get forward enough, limited impact 5.

We have midfield options & the only positive to come of the game was that Helveg showed he can do a midfield job and linking with Francis looks and exciting option. Hux on left leaves his threat diminished as does Bentley on the right due to his defensive detail. Mullers looks outclassed and as inconsistent as ever.

Strikers

Leon - superb energy again, excellent in the first half, quieter in the second after running himslef to s standstill. Quality simply isnt there but then neither was the service. MOTM 8
Sven. Like Hux we fail to get the best out of him by playing the ball to anywhere but where he needs it - ie to his feet. His touch play was good when it finally arrived and he had our only real effort on target. Marginalised by our own approach play.5

Whoever played up front on Sat would have suffered with service like that. However their movement into or to create space was limited and made our midfields job harder for them. Sven and Leon must learn how to move across the line and drag players with them to open spaces behind them, and make space for a good ball from midfield. Hux does this better than either Leon or Sven and should be returned to the front line with leon. Jonson up front remains an option as does Mcveigh (who is probably too lightweight to be effective.

Sorry for the length of my views.

OTBC