Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

OT: Sports Relief

Stephen Merchants live show was brilliant.

The only person I know who thinks Michael McIntyre and Stephen K Amos are funny, think The Green Green Grass was better then Only Fools And Horses......says it all...

for dome reson quotes not working, but in response to Arthur:

My sister lives in Edinburgh, so I always go up for the festival every August so I have seen quite a lot of comedians before they make it on TV. McIntyre has always been crap, but I did used to like Stephen K.Amos, you should try and check out some of his stand up from 3-4 years ago, bit edgier and more controversial than what he does now. Since finding fame, amos has become a bit of a media whore appearing on any telly show going (including doing a documentary on the size of penises ffs!) and whenever doing stand up on TV, either plays it safe or does too many jokes about his african family and seems to have become a one trick pony. Still, bet he''s loaded now anyway!

P.S. i do like gavin and stacey, but generally find Corden''s ''I''m fat - thats funny'' routine tiresome, but  I did enjoy the sports relief sketch last night.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Gavin and Stacey is one of the best british comedies written in years, FACT![/quote]Putting "Fact" at the end of an opinion undermines your argument slightly, but never mind.It''s actually a third-rate "Spaced".  In my opinion.[/quote]

Stats dont lie, the comedy program with the highest veiwing figures over the last few years and prime time xmas specials

[/quote]So you judge how good a programme is by how many people watch it?

Good post by the saturday boy, Stephen K Amos may have been better before he was famous, I will look on youtube, but have to agree with the media whore bit you said lol.

Its absoloutly true, he turns up on bloody everything, wherever theres a camera, you will find Stephen K Amos, and hes not bloody funny {anymore}.

Mister Chops, I( concour good sir...not many watched the start of Only Fools, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Porridge, Auf Pet, The Office, Peep Show......now would anyone really say James "Im funny cause im fat" Cordens Gavin and stacey better than those???/

I thought James Cordens (AKA Smithy) latest sketch was fantastic, had me in stitches throughout and credit to the athletes who got in on the act, although I thought his final speech had a hint of realism to it that some athletes could really do with taking note of. Never understood why some people seem to have a strong hatred towards James Coreden, the blokes comedy gold.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]I thought James Cordens (AKA Smithy) latest sketch was fantastic, had me in stitches throughout and credit to the athletes who got in on the act, although I thought his final speech had a hint of realism to it that some athletes could really do with taking note of. Never understood why some people seem to have a strong hatred towards James Coreden, the blokes comedy gold. [/quote]It''s probably got something to do with either his laugh, his ''fat joke'' routines, a deep dislike for Gavin and Stacey, his voice when it''s high pitch, or just a genuine dislike for his type of comedy.To be honest, despite not being a big fan of Gavin and Stacey, i thought his sketches on Friday were absolutely hysterical, truly first class, and one of the funniest i''ve seen in the past few years. Almost every clip was outright funny, or had a very subtle underhand theme to it that was just comic gold. I think he''s just generally a very funny and loveable bubbly character, despite having the obvious flaws that some seem too distastefully quick to point out.Not the greatest comic genius out there, i think the likes of David Mitchell and Paul Whitehouse ''d see to that, but you''ve got to be quite a cold individual to of not so much as given a wry smile while watching this last Friday.

James Corden is just a poor man''s Ricky Gervais. Everything he does where he is himself (i.e not Smithy) he copies Gervias'' mannerisms right down to the high pitched laugh.

Oh, and if anyone wants to see where Ruth Jones first used "What''s occurin''?" watch Saxondale season one(written by/stars Coogan,  and also stars Ruth Jones). It''s not a Gavin and Stacey thing. 

I have never laughed or even smiled at anything I have ever seen James Corden do - the " sketch " was awful I thought and I just wished he had shut up after about two minutes , The entire sport Relief concept is flawed - why should the Millionaire Alan shearer ask me for donations when he is sitting in Uganda or wherever , the millionaire Chris Moyles shed a tear , the millionaire Emma Bunton went to africa as well - I am sorry , but that makes me less likely to donate - ooh look there is the millionaire Gary Lineker as well - Eddie Izzard and the girl from Blue peter were the only people you could admire for their efforts and they get the least coverage

Children in Need is the same - millionaires asking me to donate my hard earned - sorry won;t happen