Sign in to follow this  
Canary_on_the Trent

Official Site - Eliott to sign

please correct me if im wrong didnt he play on the wing for a while??? scoring something like 11 goals from that position

Not ot sure about this one, but in Lambert i trust[Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

please correct me if im wrong didnt he play on the wing for a while??? scoring something like 11 goals from that position

[/quote]Yeah he''s left sided isn''t he? I see options! Will keep Lappin on his toes too.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

Yeah he''s left sided isn''t he? I see options! Will keep Lappin on his toes too.
[/quote]

No thats Stuart Elliott.

Oh - ok my bad - although honestly I have no idea where I would have got that from as I honestly don''t think Stuart Elliott is in even my sub-conscious! Is our boy out and out righty then?

Here''s another scouting report from a PNE fan:

I can only write from what I''ve seen.

When we signed Elliott we were warned from Wolves fans that we had signed a bit of a shocker who was rock bottom in confidence and had become a boo boys favourite over a Molyneux. Were they just putting the boot in on a former player? Well from the evidence that I''ve seen, Mr Elliott ''appears'' to play every game as though it''s a pre-seaon friendly or end of season kick-about with nothing riding on the result. We knew his former record at Sunderland and always hoped that player would surface, however, other than against his former club Wolves (obviously trying to make a point - in which he was outstanding), he has been nothing short of poor. A truly frustrating player that needs to focus on a sport that he is priviledged to play.

I will try and put a postive spin on this to heighten your hope. Despite his apparent lacklustre approach to games he does offer a decent level of work rate and will run the channels (although rarely getting to the ball once put down the channel) and during the game against Wolverhampton, he also showed excellent movement, pace, awareness and great finishing skills and it was like watching a completely different player to the one that had previously been seen before and most definitely since!

Is he a bad signing for you? Time will tell. Although, if he hits the ground running and scores quite quickly and finds a rapport with you, the City fans, then you might get to see the real Stephen Elliott, although, if not, then he may just taper away and fade into the same horizon that is over here in Lancashire!

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

Yeah he''s left sided isn''t he? I see options! Will keep Lappin on his toes too.
[/quote]

No thats Stuart Elliott.

[/quote]thnx, to many bloody Elliots lol

Thanks for the feedback Original_Champions. Interesting read. We can only hope that Lambert has some type of relationship with the guy and can get him contributing.

Anyone seen his Wiki entry atm?On 18 October he scored his first goal for Preston against Reading, it turned out to be the winning goal.He scored a brace against his former team Wolves at Molineux. He has formed a partnership with Jon Parkin

in Preston''s attack. On the 4th of March 2010 Elliot signed on an

emergancy loan deal for Norwich City, where he enjoys mayonnaise on a

regular basis. He also has a personal sponsor from Hellmans.

[quote user="norky84"]Preston fan who posted that you signed a duffer in Simon Whaley, I believe I was right. Stephen Elliott, I can''t really describe him to be honest. I''d say he is fairly small and lightweight. At times, mostly at end of games when coming on as sub, he looks pacy but you never see this when he starts. He is not a bad passer of the ball, but he has a lousy touch when the ball is passed to him.

During his 18 months he has not suffered from injury at all. He was not rated by Wolves fans when he was sold to us, and he is not rated by us. The only game I can remember thinking he might prove us wrong was when we beat Wolves away 3-0 or 3-1 and he scored 2. But apart from that his goalscoring records was shocking. He''s had his chances. After Christmas last year he started 14 out of 16 games scoring just 3, 2 at Wolves.

He may do well for you though. A drop down in leagues might build his confidence up. Your a great club, fantastic stadium with good gates. Really hope you win the league this year.

P.S. Thanks for Chris Brown. He had a shocker for you, but he near enough single handidly kept us up a few years ago. And he''s goal at the weekend was fantastic.[/quote]

Cheers norky - I was one of VERY few on here who ever rated Chris Brown and i certainly think we should have kept hold of him. Nothing i''ve seen of him since has changed my mind. As he shows, a change or a break is sometimes all a player needs so hopefully that will be the case with Eilliott. Although i do think he is a temporary measure to bolster our promo push.

[quote user="Original_Champions"]Here''s another scouting report from a PNE fan: I can only write from what I''ve seen. When we signed Elliott we were warned from Wolves fans that we had signed a bit of a shocker who was rock bottom in confidence and had become a boo boys favourite over a Molyneux. Were they just putting the boot in on a former player? Well from the evidence that I''ve seen, Mr Elliott ''appears'' to play every game as though it''s a pre-seaon friendly or end of season kick-about with nothing riding on the result. We knew his former record at Sunderland and always hoped that player would surface, however, other than against his former club Wolves (obviously trying to make a point - in which he was outstanding), he has been nothing short of poor. A truly frustrating player that needs to focus on a sport that he is priviledged to play. I will try and put a postive spin on this to heighten your hope. Despite his apparent lacklustre approach to games he does offer a decent level of work rate and will run the channels (although rarely getting to the ball once put down the channel) and during the game against Wolverhampton, he also showed excellent movement, pace, awareness and great finishing skills and it was like watching a completely different player to the one that had previously been seen before and most definitely since! Is he a bad signing for you? Time will tell. Although, if he hits the ground running and scores quite quickly and finds a rapport with you, the City fans, then you might get to see the real Stephen Elliott, although, if not, then he may just taper away and fade into the same horizon that is over here in Lancashire![/quote]

one for Paul Lamberts motivational skills then..........

IN LAMBERT WE TRUST!

[quote user="NCFCWebbo"][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="NCFCWebbo"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Lamberts first poor signing.
[/quote]

I know whose judgment I would rather trust and it ain''t yours.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more

[/quote]

are you the same person ? both have webbo [8-)]
[/quote]

And he''s ma boy !!

Hes my old man. [:$]

[/quote]

A chance to knock a few goals in against lower league sides, where he''ll get more time on the ball, could be just what he needs.  And if his goals push us over the line, then it will prove to be an astute signing.

This is a strange one. Not saying that Lambert hasn''t got his ideas or that I don''t trust them.We now have C. Martin, MacDonald, Johnson and Holt on reletively long contracts. Hoolahan is the only one remaining of our ''Holy Trinity'' with only a year left on his contract.So far pretty much all of Lamberts loan signings have been in view to a permanent move for them once the next transfer window opens. Obviously that is yet to be proven with Rose and again now Eliott.However in both these cases I have been a little baffled. Rose doesn''t look that great and I wonder if Wiggins would at least have given us the same level of performance if not better.I can only see Eliott being a squad player and again of only real use should we go up and want to loan out Cody and Oli to get some more experience. Having said that both Oli and Cody give us a hell of a lot coming off the bench. Height wise we have Holt at 6'', Oli at 5''11", Martin 5''10" (although he looks taller to me) and Cody is the same.So we don''t have any real height up there. As others have said, unless he can play out wide and on the right hand side.

In true Charlie Brooker style....

[quote user="a1canary"] Cheers norky - I was one of VERY few on here who ever rated Chris Brown [/quote]

No you didnt.

[quote user="a1canary"] i certainly think we should have kept hold of him. [/quote]

No you dont.

Now F**k off.

Lamberts judgement has been sound so far. I reckon he is bringing him in as cover for the rest of the season and maybe to help the guy restore some confidence. Can''t see it being a permanent move. Reading the PNE message boards, there is no love lost and they are rubbing their hands above the short term wage saving.