Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Canary Call - Caller Screening?

Am I the only one who gets really fecked off with Canary call when they let people on who haven''t been to the game?Don''t get me wrong I know we can''t all get to all the games but Canary Call straight after the match is all about the match. I don''t want to hear the opinion of someone who''s been listening on the radio or worse just called in after checking the result on Ceefax.Am I alone?

I thoroughly agree!

Whilst everyone has an opinion (whether they attended CR or just listened on the radio) - surely 80% + of Canary Callers need to be from those who just witnessed the game first-hand from a seat in the ground?

Perhaps Radio Norfolk get a sense of ''self promotion'' by giving airtime to those sitting at home enjoying a certain service provided by...Radio Norfolk!

PS

That guy Simon is my favourite regular Canary Caller - I usually resonate with him. Radio Norfolk should get him on the air at half time for a fans opinion?

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Am I the only one who gets really fecked off with Canary call when they let people on who haven''t been to the game?

Don''t get me wrong I know we can''t all get to all the games but Canary Call straight after the match is all about the match. I don''t want to hear the opinion of someone who''s been listening on the radio or worse just called in after checking the result on Ceefax.

Am I alone?
[/quote]

What jars me off is people starting threads with Am I the only one or Is it just me,

But agree canary call should be vetted, I am at every home match and listern to talksport on the way home  

Don''t know why that would ''jar'' you off.. Perhaps you''re one of those people that believes their opinion is final and discussion and difference of opinion should be outlawed. In which case what are you doing on a discussion forum?

To be fair to Canary Call sometimes they don''t get enough callers of any description ringing in to keep things moving along.I think they are making an effort to improve the quality of the input as they now ask in more detail what you points you want to discuss rather than let you on just to say , " How are you, Neil ? " and explain that it''s only your festering bunions that have kept you away from Carrow Road since 1958. That said it''s only because of the oddballs that ring in, myself included, that the programme has acquired '' local treasure '' status.A lot of posters on here obviously think they can do better than many of the '' regulars ''. Truth is they probably could but unless they have a go on air they''ll never know. I''d suggest that the next time someone goes to an away game and fancies a stab at it they ring in after the match for a chat with Neil.If the game''s not a local derby you''re pretty much guaranteed to get some airtime........

Fair point. I just can''t imagine there being a shortage of callers! I can''t fault the show itself just when you get the oddball ringing in using it more like a service for him to ask Neil questions because he was wondering how the game went. This is in itself frustrating enough, but when these callers add in critisms of players based on a game they saw months ago it frustrates the hell out of me. Yesterday someone was making line up suggestions for the next game based on what he saw versus Brentford.

Agree!

While I apreciate that not everyone can always get to games or aren''t capable, hearing someone giving their opinion on a game they''ve only heard on the radio or seen the result on TV isn''t right!

Thats the reason I stopped going on the wrath of the barclay website cause the guy running the site was giving match summarys and opinions on player performances when he wasn''t even at the game!

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Don''t know why that would ''jar'' you off.. Perhaps you''re one of those people that believes their opinion is final and discussion and difference of opinion should be outlawed. In which case what are you doing on a discussion forum?
[/quote]

Because I want to build my post count up and its just like asking the question on Canary call, How are ya, and if you can''t see it was meant as a joke in the first place perhaps you your self should find somewhere else to waste your time  

I think we all have to agree the best caller this season is the guy who, after an all ready lengthy call said ''now neil I''m going to put you on the spot ''cos I know you don''t like to be put on the spot, so I am going to ask you this one question.........I know you don''t like be put on the spot, so I have one question for you......do you think we will win next week''. On the actual point, I agree, it is difficult to comment on a performance when you haven''t seen it, but some still try.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Ah my bad! I didn''t realise it was meant as a joke... it must have been missing something.....like being funny!
[/quote]

It comes with age