Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Manager/Player of the month for January nominees announced

League 1 - PlayerBilly Paynter - Forward - Swindon Town Chris Martin - Forward - Norwich City Chris Lines - Midfielder - Bristol RoversTamika Mkandawire - Defender - Leyton OrientLeague 1 - ManagerPaul Lambert - Norwich CityDanny Wilson - Swindon TownKenny Jackett - MillwallGeraint Williams - Leyton Orient http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Home

Swindon - 10 points from 12Millwall - 10 points from 12Orient - 7 points from 9Norwich - 18 points from 18Think Swindons draw at the weekend should hand Lambert consecutive awards.

Would be nice to see us win both.Anything that actually highlights how well we''re doing, and the fact dirty Leeds aren''t having things all their own way in the league, gets my vote.When do they announce the winners?

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

Paynter looks a good bet to me; 5 goals in January from 4 games.

Martin got 5 goals from 6 games.

[/quote]Yeah the player award generally goes to who has scored the most goals, as the pundits usually have less of an idea about how they are actually playing than we do. So expect Lambert and Paynter to win this months awards.

Ricky Lambert has won it, bad luck Chrissy. http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1811_5916429,00.html

[quote user="Gingerpele"]and Martin to win? i don''t know what the other players have done :P[/quote]Who are the other players ???