Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Would you take a point tomorrow?

I really don''t get this thread. For all of you would take a point what other games would you have taken a point from this season? Ambition with extreme caution. What does it mean in your heads?

Certainly wouldn''t. As I''ve said in a previous thread we are the form team of this division and if we''re worried about millwall away we may as well not bother turning up to any away games next season if we go up.

We need to be in the frame of mind that only three points is acceptable, otherwise mentally we''ve given away two points before the game starts.What we shouldn''t do is underestimate Millwall, or anyone for that matter, as they can be a very good side but its no coincidence that the way we have been playing has taken us to the top of this division & in my opinion the players have the skill,fitness & confidence to beat anyone this year.I would imagine Paul Lambert has thoroughly done his homework on Millwalls players & will know their strengths & weaknesses like any good manager should.I have done mine & Millwall appear to eat far too many children & dogs,so should be carrying a bit of weight & subsequently slower out of the blocks.It''ll be tough though. 3-2 win for City, just like 1989.  

Certainly not.

We are not ''Holt City'', we are ''Norwich City''.  I am not saying we don''t miss Holt, but we have other quality players by this League''s standards.  Perhaps not that ''big target man'', but hopefully Martin can step up to that role for the trip to Millwall and Cody can play the ''small man (pacey) role'' alongside.

Us, Charlton and Leeds all have what are on paper are difficult fixtures this weekend.

A win for us and a defeat for Charlton at Swindon (very plausible) will see us move 10 points ahead of Charlton, with a superior goal difference, having played the same number of games.

A 10 point lead over 3rd place in February[:D], not a gimme, but would give us that cushion, and if we can extend that and be sitting 12 to 15 points ahead of Charlton at the end of Feb / beginning of March, our Championship return will be all but confirmed.

I`ll go for a win...don`t care whether we play outstanding football or are lucky - 3 points is the goal for every game. I don`t care as long as we get enough points to get us out of this league automatically. I don`t even care about winning the league....just get us up Lambo!!

As for the " we never win in London " comment....absolute B******s. 

[quote user="Brendan"]I know we are top of the league and top form etc. But last two games without Holty we havent played anywhere near our best. Milwall arent a bad side, and at home their fairly decent, beating Leeds there also.
So would you take a point? I think its better to go for three, because two more is better than one dropped. Leeds have Hartlepool at home, which doesnt look to be an easy game. They played very well here last week I thought. Could be a very tricky game for us, but I expect us to get all three anyway, with a convincing 3-0 victory. [:)]
[/quote]

Still trying to get my head around this...

One point for a draw, you say better to go for the win, three points for a win which is where the two more comes in but I''m struggling with the one dropped bit.

People keep saying we shouldn''t go for a draw...I think the people saying they would take a point, are not saying play for a draw they still want us to go out and try to win..But can see it''s going to be one of the hardest games of the season. Against a very physical side and with out holt behind hoolhan martin and mcdonald or oli upfront the players will find it very hard to win the physical battle up front..I think a win tommorow will be like 6 points for the players not because millwall can take us but becase the sitiation of not haveing holt and being away...This is a major part of our season..Expect big celebrations by the players and staff if we win this one!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gingerpele"]no, why is everything about Holt?
we have done well to win our last 3 games, without Holt, the game before Holt got sent off, we didn''t play that well and won, i think it shows we are the best team in the league, when Leeds don''t play well, they lose or at best draw....we win....so....WIN
[/quote]

Yes we have won the last two games without Holt, but we have made hard work of it.
[/quote]

Hooray! it needed saying.[Y]

With the Yellow Army out in force, its gotta be a win...some consolation if we dont if Leeds dont win and Swindon and Charlton draw

I would take a point as i think we will struggle with there thugs at the back without Holt. When they played us at CR they were pulling and kicking our players all game and just generally breaking up play and i think we will find it a tough game

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Brendan"]I know we are top of the league and top form etc. But last two games without Holty we havent played anywhere near our best. Milwall arent a bad side, and at home their fairly decent, beating Leeds there also. So would you take a point? I think its better to go for three, because two more is better than one dropped. Leeds have Hartlepool at home, which doesnt look to be an easy game. They played very well here last week I thought. Could be a very tricky game for us, but I expect us to get all three anyway, with a convincing 3-0 victory. [:)][/quote]

Still trying to get my head around this...

One point for a draw, you say better to go for the win, three points for a win which is where the two more comes in but I''m struggling with the one dropped bit.

[/quote]Sorry. What I was trying to say way, say it was 1-1, a 2-1 win would be two more gained on the scoreline before, and a 1-2 loss would be one dropped from the scoreline before. If you get me? [:S]