Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahan? Youlahan!

Steve Claridge, honestly?

FOOTBALL

Ask Steve Claridge

"The gap between Premier League and Football League remains as big as, if not bigger than, ever"

From BBC Sport.

Why is this average player and piss poor pundit allowed ANYWHERE near a camera?

anyone?

[quote user="Hoolahan? Youlahan!"]FOOTBALL

Ask Steve Claridge

"The gap between Premier League and Football League remains as big as, if not bigger than, ever"

From BBC Sport.

Why is this average player and piss poor pundit allowed ANYWHERE near a camera?

anyone

and the premier league teams are getting knocked out of the FA cup for fun!

as much as i dont like leeds ... did he see them play against the premiership champions ..!!

the is alot of hungry talent in the first division ..who could cut it in the premership .

ipswich have spent a fortune and thought that gave them the right to a premiership pass ..... southampton beat them .

need i say more.

Steve Claridge is a village idiot type character who gets on my bloody nerves.He must have a top agent because he seems to be on every football show i listen to or watch.Crap footballer and worse manager!

[quote user="Demonic Pen"]Mmmm. I don''t have a problem with him or that statement.[/quote]Ditto, Bruv!

Claridge will always have a special place in my heart, for it was he that scored the winner for Cambridge against the Binners, as my mate and I stood silently in amongst the Heathen Swine in the Scum side of the North Stand having gone in the wrong entrance...City didn''t have a game that day and about 2000 mystery CUFC fans turned up (on the train from Norwich as it happens)

I think it''s a bizzare statement. Look at how well Birmingham have done this season with a very similar size to their promotion team, look at the weakening of the top 4 this season compared to the last 3 season, look at the amount of dross occupying the bottom half of the table, really, how much better are the likes of Hull, Burnley, Bolton, Wolves, Portsmouth, West Ham, Blackburn and Wigan than West Brom, Forest, Newcastle, Cardiff etc? Especially when you consider the standard of the Championship is such that a side like Ipswich are in the bottom half, despite having a very good squad, I genuinely don''t see much of a difference between, say, Ipswich and Hull, sure, Hull are better, but only by a few players, in fact, it''s probably easier for the teams who go up this year to adjust to the Premiership with a couple of decent signings than it has been for years.