Sign in to follow this  
canarycol

NEWS OF THE WORLD APOLOGY ?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"]Do nothing other than state (which they already have) the story is rubbish and keep a bit of dignity rather than trying to look as though they are trying to scrounge money out of the stupid affair.  Obviously we can''t say it''ll effect players signings because we''re signed good players since. (can''t sue on that excuse) Morale hasn''t been effected because the team is flying (can''t sue on that excuse).  Fans morale, is there such a thing really?  fans just bounce along on the ups and downs of results.  Results obviously aren''t effected and as for creditors, if they believe the story, we must''ve been borrowing off ''morons are us''.[/quote]I''m not sure you read my post properly. My point was, that if the club merely rubbished the suggestions without following through with at least preliminary legal action, then many, MANY people would think "there''s no smoke without fire". It''s one thing for a club to say "that newspaper report is rubbish", but how many times have we heard that, and reports have turned out to be at least partly true? Threatening to sue shows the club actually mean business, and aren''t just issuing empty threats.I don''t think any legal action will get far, but I hardly think the club have acted in an undignified way. I actually can''t really think of how the board could have handled this any better, and to suggest otherwise is pedantry in the extreme, surely?[/quote]

NC will win this hands down if they sue for defamation. Defamation is defined as something that has been written (libel) or spoken (slander) that has caused the claiment (norwich) to be lowered in the view of others, cause to be shunned (maybe a player not coming to city) ... it goes on... the issue is that the paper wrote something as if it was certain it was true when it wasn''t. with that in mind, the courts would fine the paper who by now should have made an offer of amends.... by not doing so by now, they will be made to pay a lot more. 

whatever  happens  NORWICH  CITY FC  have my  whole lhearted  support as Im sure every true  Norwich fan will do, these newspaper people cannot and should not be allowed to print what they like just to sell extra newspapers

br>Looks like we are taking this all the way then! I just hope this doesnt back fire as it could turn out to be quite expensive.

Surely we''ve already ''won'' seeing as they said we were going into administration last Thursday and we... er... haven''t. Nor have we been forced to sell any of our top players to raise cash a la Pompey so it seems their ''article'' was a big old fashioned pile of steaming hot poo.

is this  the same  martin hardy that  wrote the article ??read  the comments after the article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-479971/Hull-challenge.html

Just got in from work,Dunno which made me smile more !Pat on the back for Cody Mac, Suing News of the W*nk or bye bye Whalley !

Great to see our club moving forwards everyday isnt it ??? :)

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I won''t be holding my breath lol nor will I ever buy that paper again[/quote]

What were you doing buying it in the first place?

[/quote]

To read of course, isn''t that what newspapers are for? [:|]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I won''t be holding my breath lol nor will I ever buy that paper again[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Us women like the gossip don''t we WAY?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What have newspapers got to do with it? You''re talking about the News of the World!

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What have newspapers got to do with it? You''re talking about the News of the World!

[/quote]

True but they have some good old scandal to read [:)]