Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

was gunn in home end???

I have no doubt that deep down, part of Bryan Gunn would have wanted us to struggle yesterday. I think he is a bitter man where it comes to Lambert/McNally etc. I have a personal story about a recent meeting with BG that I will not share, but just to say, I think he was just in this for the publicity it gave him. Now he works for a mobile phone company. Proves how serious he was about being a manager.

As for him saying if he was in charge we''d be near the top, that''s just rubbish. How can he/or anyone else say this?? He should just close his mouth now and carry on selling phones. Unfortunately I have very little time for BG, especially when he opens his mouth.

[quote user="wilw6"]Was he there yesterday at Cowling''s request? Just wondered as he was seated near the directors box, don''t see McNally putting him on the guest list...[/quote]

Exactly what I thought.

More mischief making just to ratchet the atmosphere up another gear by that master of revenge RC.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I have no doubt that deep down, part of Bryan Gunn would have wanted us to struggle yesterday. I think he is a bitter man where it comes to Lambert/McNally etc. I have a personal story about a recent meeting with BG that I will not share, but just to say, I think he was just in this for the publicity it gave him. Now he works for a mobile phone company. Proves how serious he was about being a manager. As for him saying if he was in charge we''d be near the top, that''s just rubbish. How can he/or anyone else say this?? He should just close his mouth now and carry on selling phones. Unfortunately I have very little time for BG, especially when he opens his mouth.[/quote]

Gunn is appearing on the new BBC local footy show "Late Kickoff" tonight (11.30) so maybe that''s why he was there - will be interesting to see what he says!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I have no doubt that deep down, part of Bryan Gunn would have wanted us to struggle yesterday. I think he is a bitter man where it comes to Lambert/McNally etc. I have a personal story about a recent meeting with BG that I will not share, but just to say, I think he was just in this for the publicity it gave him. Now he works for a mobile phone company. Proves how serious he was about being a manager. As for him saying if he was in charge we''d be near the top, that''s just rubbish. How can he/or anyone else say this?? He should just close his mouth now and carry on selling phones. Unfortunately I have very little time for BG, especially when he opens his mouth.[/quote]

If you''re not willing to expand on this then it''s best not to mention it in the first place. Just ask wiz or WAY about all the stick they got from some on here about their "Foulger Finance" secret.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

If you''re not willing to expand on this then it''s best not to mention it in the first place. Just ask wiz or WAY about all the stick they got from some on here about their "Foulger Finance" secret.

[/quote]

Wow

That was a cracker wasn''t it ?

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I have no doubt that deep down, part of Bryan Gunn would have wanted us to struggle yesterday. I think he is a bitter man where it comes to Lambert/McNally etc. I have a personal story about a recent meeting with BG that I will not share, but just to say, I think he was just in this for the publicity it gave him. Now he works for a mobile phone company. Proves how serious he was about being a manager.

As for him saying if he was in charge we''d be near the top, that''s just rubbish. How can he/or anyone else say this?? He should just close his mouth now and carry on selling phones. Unfortunately I have very little time for BG, especially when he opens his mouth.[/quote]This. The thing about Gunns legend status is that it has no bearing on reality or the man or his personality and motivations. Yes, he was a player in  very successfull period in our history along with a squad of other giants. If you remember though he was a bit of of joke figure at the time nationally (he was our Doc of the nineties in actual fact). Yes he was a good keeper - but that doesn''t now make him a good man. I have known him now since 1993 both in work and socially - he''s an awful man and well twisty. The thing is - I know what the problem was with the pre match preparations - it''ll blow your head off.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I have no doubt that deep down, part of Bryan Gunn would have wanted us to struggle yesterday. I think he is a bitter man where it comes to Lambert/McNally etc. I have a personal story about a recent meeting with BG that I will not share, but just to say, I think he was just in this for the publicity it gave him. Now he works for a mobile phone company. Proves how serious he was about being a manager.

As for him saying if he was in charge we''d be near the top, that''s just rubbish. How can he/or anyone else say this?? He should just close his mouth now and carry on selling phones. Unfortunately I have very little time for BG, especially when he opens his mouth.[/quote]This. The thing about Gunns legend status is that it has no bearing on reality or the man or his personality and motivations. Yes, he was a player in  very successfull period in our history along with a squad of other giants. If you remember though he was a bit of of joke figure at the time nationally (he was our Doc of the nineties in actual fact). Yes he was a good keeper - but that doesn''t now make him a good man. I have known him now since 1993 both in work and socially - he''s an awful man and well twisty. The thing is - I know what the problem was with the pre match preparations - it''ll blow your head off.

[/quote]Spill the beans!!!