Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Under Soil Heating

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Any New Stadium built should be required to have Under Soil Heating. These New stadiums built cost millions. And these games are costing teams thousands. Walsall said from loss of sales and merchandise over the holidays the team has lost 500k already cause of it. Well one years lost is already the cost of it. Should be legislated to all new stadiums no matter the league. If they have a stadium that holds over 5000 it must have under soil heating. Just my opinion
[/quote]

Colchester don''t have it either, we may have another match called off on saturday, looking at that weather I wouldn''t be to suprised to see it called off.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Colchester don''t have it either, we may have another match called off on saturday, looking at that weather I wouldn''t be to suprised to see it called off.

[/quote]

Weather forecast for Colchester looks ok to me for Fri & Sat, they''ve cleared the snow of the pitch so its just a matter of the frozen pitch thawing now unless thats what you think the problem will be?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Weather forecast for Colchester looks ok to me for Fri & Sat, they''ve cleared the snow of the pitch so its just a matter of the frozen pitch thawing now unless thats what you think the problem will be?

[/quote]

Yes frozen pitch is what mean lets hope it goes ahead, the Sky weather web site, I''m told are not always right lets hope so 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes frozen pitch is what mean lets hope it goes ahead, the Sky weather web site, I''m told are not always right lets hope so 

[/quote]I heard they have ''inflatable covers'' that they can pump warm air under to stop the pitch from frezzing, but its less effective than under pitch... unless there is a large amount of snow between now and saturday that would distrupt travel and cover the pitch again I doubt it will be off.

From what I can work out we have pitch covers that have been on and then the snow on top of that. The snow should have acted as insulation and helped the pitch so it didn''t freeze badly. This should also mean the pitch wont be water logged.A few days to go yet though