Sign in to follow this  
Bexley

Who, between Ipswich & Norwich, has the highest average attendance this season again?

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry, bluemike, but if you are moaning at me you have completely missed my main point - ie that we have neither of us won that much to brag about. What we do have is rather long in the past is merely a fact - it is neither relevant nor irrelevant - but what is a bit sad is that I can''t really see it changing in the short term for either of us. Surely you have to admit that your wiki page does rather smack of clutching at straws. I''d openly admit that ours is sadly short, but at least it only shows what we''ve actually won or been runners-up in, rather than scraping the barrell with Members cup s-f appearances, as if they are in any way an honour. And I''m not sure there are many people who really consider the charity shield to be a ''final'', or even particulatrly a real trophy, come to that.[/quote] Im not moaning at anyone BP, i just dont see how having more fans makes a team bigger than others, if thats the case Newcastle are a bigger club than say Everton ? I dont think so. And we all know Wiki is crap anyone can post something on there, its not even worth reading.
[/quote]

Coming from Ipswich I''m not surprised that your literacy is below par, but perhaps you should try reading the title of the thread - i.e. ''who has highest average attendance'' - very simple question, now see if you can answer it without adding your spin [;)]

The thing that most annoys me about Ipswich fans is how they claim that the League and Milk cup trophies we have won as insignificant while conveniently failing to remember that in the days we won them every club took the competition very seriously and played their strongest teams making it a far more difficult to win. The FA Cup has admittedly always been the most prestigous competition but even that has become a bit mickey mouse because of the way the big clubs have disrespected it.

[quote user="bluemike"]YAWN !! I missed that, who is the more successful club ? No doubt some smart arse will put their own spin on it to make it you !!! LOL.
[/quote]

Bored with your sister today, scummer?

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

[quote user="bluemike"]YAWN !! I missed that, who is the more successful club ? No doubt some smart arse will put their own spin on it to make it you !!! LOL.[/quote]

Bored with your sister today, scummer?

[/quote]Someone always has to drag it even lower than is called for, whats wrong with a bit of banter without the juvenile insults ?

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="Pablo Picarsole"] [quote user="bluemike"]YAWN !! I missed that, who is the more successful club ? No doubt some smart arse will put their own spin on it to make it you !!! LOL.
[/quote] Bored with your sister today, scummer?[/quote]Someone always has to drag it even lower than is called for, whats wrong with a bit of banter without the juvenile insults ?
[/quote]

I agree & I''m sure you say the same when the countless juvenile insults are directed at fans of the best supported club on TWTD.........

[quote user="Mike Grant"]

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="Pablo Picarsole"] [quote user="bluemike"]YAWN !! I missed that, who is the more successful club ? No doubt some smart arse will put their own spin on it to make it you !!! LOL.[/quote] Bored with your sister today, scummer?[/quote]Someone always has to drag it even lower than is called for, whats wrong with a bit of banter without the juvenile insults ?[/quote]

I agree & I''m sure you say the same when the countless juvenile insults are directed at fans of the best supported club on TWTD.........

[/quote]It doesnt make it right or mean i agree with it, all fans visit other teams forums, ive met some real nice people on here, unfortunately all forums have morons too.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry, bluemike, but if you are moaning at me you have completely missed my main point - ie that we have neither of us won that much to brag about. What we do have is rather long in the past is merely a fact - it is neither relevant nor irrelevant - but what is a bit sad is that I can''t really see it changing in the short term for either of us.

Surely you have to admit that your wiki page does rather smack of clutching at straws. I''d openly admit that ours is sadly short, but at least it only shows what we''ve actually won or been runners-up in, rather than scraping the barrell with Members cup s-f appearances, as if they are in any way an honour. And I''m not sure there are many people who really consider the charity shield to be a ''final'', or even particulatrly a real trophy, come to that.[/quote] Im not moaning at anyone BP, i just dont see how having more fans makes a team bigger than others, if thats the case Newcastle are a bigger club than say Everton ? I dont think so. And we all know Wiki is crap anyone can post something on there, its not even worth reading.[/quote]Newcastle are arguably a bigger club than Everton when they are in the EPL. Newcastle are a fine example of what makes a big club, they haven''t won bugger all in over 50 years, yet they have been considered one of the biggest clubs in the Premiership for many years now simply because of the size of their fan base/attendances. Which is what will ultimately determine the size of a club.I accept that Ipswich probably have a better team than us right now, a bigger stadium and a division higher, but a bigger club? Never!

[quote user="bluemike"]YAWN !! I missed that, who is the more successful club ? No doubt some smart arse will put their own spin on it to make it you !!! LOL.[/quote]

good to see your still looking for your goat!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]This "small" club seems to attract more fans than this "big" club....why is this???[/quote]Because we actually make it into the stadium instead of getting caught up with the Prozzies on the way to the ground.

Colchester are a NOTHING club, always have been and always will be.Ipswich have won things and if you compare the two then strictly speaking are bigger by that virtue.In terms of supporters i personally think numbers mean nothing.  Carrow Road has an army of flat cap wearers/toddlers/mums/men who think it makes you a hooligan if you sing/prawn sandwich eaters.... etc etcHOWEVER, we do still make a hell of a lot more noise than that lot at the Portaloo.To me as a fan thats what it is all about. Just wish a few thousand more would show some real passion.  But each to their own eh