Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

NELSON!!!!!!!

Nelson was brlliant tonight, keeping Lambert (leading scorer in the league) very very quiet. He still wasn''t very cultured but I would rather that than a defender messing around with it at the back creating panic. IMO he was MOM and you cannot blame him for the loss of this tie. I am not a huge fan of his but what has been said is a tad harsh - especially when you werent there. He is no world beater but he did a job tonight and lets see what happens in the next game.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Flashman"]

Please take your heads out of the sand - Doherty must be replaced but now we have no money to do it.  What a shambles!

[/quote]You know Godwin''s Law (as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1). Is this an example of Doherty''s Law (as a Pink ''Un thread grows longer the probability of Gary Doherty being blamed approaches 1)[:^)][/quote]Thats actually pretty funny, and also very true.

Nelson will leave if we get a good enough replacement to be a replacement. I also think that one of Gill/Tudor-Jones will leave, and my shout would be Gill, OTJ has a lot more potential.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Flashman"]

Please take your heads out of the sand - Doherty must be replaced but now we have no money to do it.  What a shambles!

[/quote]

You know Godwin''s Law (as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1). Is this an example of Doherty''s Law (as a Pink ''Un thread grows longer the probability of Gary Doherty being blamed approaches 1)

[:^)]
[/quote]

i doubt doc would have hung around in nazi gemany for too long with a hooter like that [:D]

[quote user="Captain Holt"]Nelson will leave if we get a good enough replacement to be a replacement. I also think that one of Gill/Tudor-Jones will leave, and my shout would be Gill, OTJ has a lot more potential.[/quote]

do either have potential?

OTJ just seems tall and thats it, and gill is just having a bad time (misses pen vs saints) (comes on vs leeds with seconds to go and we conceed) his a bad luck charm [;)]

[quote user="mattso"]Nelson was brlliant tonight, keeping Lambert (leading scorer in the league) very very quiet. He still wasn''t very cultured but I would rather that than a defender messing around with it at the back creating panic. IMO he was MOM and you cannot blame him for the loss of this tie. I am not a huge fan of his but what has been said is a tad harsh - especially when you werent there. He is no world beater but he did a job tonight and lets see what happens in the next game.[/quote]Agreed. Ive calmed down now, and if Nelson played well so be it.I was just fuming last night as i got it in my head that Nelson was to blame for the Soton equaliser, then he missed a pen.