Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Lambert interested in Daly 7/or Killen?

Well, according to Dodgy Rumours:

Norwich looking to sign Jon Daly in January. Norwich have conducted extensive scouting in Scotland. Lambert may use the Celtic connection to get a loan or permanent signing in from them...perhaps Killen if he can prove he has the desire...

Apparently Jon Daly is a big Irish striker with Dundee United who used to be with Hartlepool.

Have we had an Irish striker before? None spring readily to mind.....

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, according to Dodgy Rumours:

Norwich looking to sign Jon Daly in January. Norwich have conducted extensive scouting in Scotland. Lambert may use the Celtic connection to get a loan or permanent signing in from them...perhaps Killen if he can prove he has the desire...

Apparently Jon Daly is a big Irish striker with Dundee United who used to be with Hartlepool.

Have we had an Irish striker before? None spring readily to mind.....

OTBC

[/quote]

Johnny Gavin....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Keith O''Neill had the odd game up front when he wasn''t injured... which was all the time![/quote]i didnt mention him as he played as a midfielder mainly and because, well, he never really played!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Gary Doherty, capped for the Republic of Ireland up front
[/quote]

Really? Wow. When was that? Who was the manager at the time?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Gary Doherty, capped for the Republic of Ireland up front
[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

he scored too, it was against Serbia wasn''t it? i can remember a "fan" chucking a glass bottle at the Irish players as they were trotting back to the centre circle. Im sure it was on BBC 2 about 6 years ago when Doc was at Spurs? wasn''t Mick Mac still the manager back then?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Gary Doherty, capped for the Republic of Ireland up front[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

he scored too, it was against Serbia wasn''t it? i can remember a "fan" chucking a glass bottle at the Irish players as they were trotting back to the centre circle. Im sure it was on BBC 2 about 6 years ago when Doc was at Spurs? wasn''t Mick Mac still the manager back then?

[/quote]I think so, I remember him being a regular at Tottenham and always in the Ireland squads