Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Third division football gets you third division refs . . . .

. . . . we saw that clearly enough on monday, so don''t be suprised or shocked when it happens against us ! [:''(]

Just shout " hallelujah ! " when it goes for us  [:D]

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

. . . . we saw that clearly enough on monday, so don''t be suprised or shocked when it happens against us ! [:''(]

Just shout " hallelujah ! " when it goes for us  [:D]

[/quote]

I didn''t have a programme today but recognised him as Steve Tanner.....

Stephen J. Tanner[1] (born 21 October 1970, Somerset[2]) is an English association football referee who operates in the Premier League. He has been a FIFA listed referee since 2008.

Premier League and FIFA official my arse.

He reffed us twice in the Championship too.  I can''t say he''s raised his game any, the petty, irritating, whistle blowing stop-starting little twunt.  Bonus points for being the only referee I''ve ever seen to think he''s a central midfielder.

Poor game for the ref. Fair play when he booked the guy 2 minutes after he did the foul. That doesnt happen enough!

Can someone enlighten me on what happened when holt got fouled in first half? From where i was it looked like a 2 footed challenge and surely a red card!

It looked to me like the ball had gone and the defender kicked Holt up in the air for no good reason whatsoever - we all thought straight red, at least a guaranteed yellow.  To see him get a mild telling off was infuriating.