Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

For just £1, we can now find out.......

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

Who went then?! i really enjoyed it, quite interesting just watching what they do - particularly the half pitch defence vs attack match and the crossing and shooting.

Some nice finishes from Holt and Spillane!

[/quote]

How many people went?

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

Who went then?! i really enjoyed it, quite interesting just watching what they do - particularly the half pitch defence vs attack match and the crossing and shooting.

[/quote]

How many people went?

[/quote]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[/quote]

How many people went?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats good. Any reports about it?

It went pretty well. Big applause when the new signings announced Holt showed some excellent touches and finishing. Cureton was still useless in training only scored when there was absolutly no pressure on him. Cody mac was a bit limpy which was a bit of a worry.

Quite enjoyed myself tho not a bad way to waste a morning  ;)

OTBC

Pete/Anyone who went - Did Darel Russel take any part in the training, or was he conspicuous by his absence?

We need to get deadwood like him, and dare I say it, Cureton off the books before next Saturday.

Cureton will be on far too much money to be a 5th choice striker at this level.

Russell was there, looked to be joining in with the banter with the rest of the squad, he''s not the black sheep just yet! But I''d happily wave him off ASAP.

Pete, were you the guy with the camera and headset?

Cheers WSC. That''s interesting given he''s not been involved in any pre-season matches. Like you said, I''d more than happily see him leave, as I believe we''ve got superior options in his position already, and the cash (both from the transfer and his wages) would be very welcome.

Lets hope yours shrink in your old age then. I always remember racing to sit down before you managed to get your knees in the gaps either side of the seat in front!

Pete did you get any info on Hoolahan? I was sitting right near the tunnel and towards the end of the session Hoolahan came over and Crook and pointed to his knee and sat out the last 20 minutes... hope it''s nothing serious.

I went to this today and really really enjoyed it. I got there for when the turnstiles opened, and grabbed myself a seat on the front row near the subs bench. The training session was interesting, never seen them train before, so was good to see how it all works. Mc Veigh looked sharp and there was some nice finishing by Grant Holt. Bit worrying about Hoolahan, but i''m sure its nothing, well hope not anyway.

After the training, the players then came down the front of the city stand and signed autographs, I got plenty, signed pictures with me and players, signed shirt, signed canary preview, Absolutely brilliant to meet them all again, Simon Lappin was was nice.

Great way to spend a morning, hopefully it is a regular feature from now on. I will happily go every time, £1 well worth it

[quote user="Daz"]I went to this today and really really enjoyed it. I got there for when the turnstiles opened, and grabbed myself a seat on the front row near the subs bench. The training session was interesting, never seen them train before, so was good to see how it all works. Mc Veigh looked sharp and there was some nice finishing by Grant Holt. Bit worrying about Hoolahan, but i''m sure its nothing, well hope not anyway. After the training, the players then came down the front of the city stand and signed autographs, I got plenty, signed pictures with me and players, signed shirt, signed canary preview, Absolutely brilliant to meet them all again, Simon Lappin was was nice. Great way to spend a morning, hopefully it is a regular feature from now on. I will happily go every time, £1 well worth it[/quote]

Great summary that mate - it was enjoyable. I didn''t even notice Hoolahan hobbling off, shows how much attention I was paying towards the end!

Am I right in thinknig that was McNally in the suit who was talking to Gunny on the halway line for the first hour or so? Spent a lot of time on the phone.

Lots of shouting and banter going on during that 3 teams/3 boxes, two touch passing game. Chris Martin looked a lot trimmer than when i last saw him.

Russell was there, looked to be joining in with the banter with the rest of the squad, he''s not the black sheep just yet! But I''d happily wave him off ASAP.

Pete, were you the guy with the camera and headset?

[/quote]

Headset? That sounds like far too much expense. No, I was the one with the green tripod with the little silver camera on top. Spent most of my time behind the goal at the Barclay End then in front of the Jarrold Stand. Final 20 minutes was spent sat in the press box in the City Stand.

And here''s the video....

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED30%20Jul%202009%2016%3A49%3A37%3A290

Some nice crosses from Lappin at the end there. Who scored that first header?

[quote user="PBTC"]Some nice crosses from Lappin at the end there. Who scored that first header?
[/quote]

Holt.

[quote user="PBTC"]Some nice crosses from Lappin at the end there. Who scored that first header?
[/quote]

Yeah couple of cracking headers there,which someones baby seems to have enjoyed as well.Cheers for that Pete,nice one[Y]

[quote user="Daz"]I went to this today and really really enjoyed it. I got there for when the turnstiles opened, and grabbed myself a seat on the front row near the subs bench. The training session was interesting, never seen them train before, so was good to see how it all works. Mc Veigh looked sharp and there was some nice finishing by Grant Holt. Bit worrying about Hoolahan, but i''m sure its nothing, well hope not anyway. After the training, the players then came down the front of the city stand and signed autographs, I got plenty, signed pictures with me and players, signed shirt, signed canary preview, Absolutely brilliant to meet them all again, Simon Lappin was was nice. Great way to spend a morning, hopefully it is a regular feature from now on. I will happily go every time, £1 well worth it[/quote]

Great summary that mate - it was enjoyable. I didn''t even notice Hoolahan hobbling off, shows how much attention I was paying towards the end!

Am I right in thinknig that was McNally in the suit who was talking to Gunny on the halway line for the first hour or so? Spent a lot of time on the phone.

Lots of shouting and banter going on during that 3 teams/3 boxes, two touch passing game. Chris Martin looked a lot trimmer than when i last saw him.

[/quote]

Yeah it was Mcnally out on the pitch, good to see him around, I get the impression he has a good relationship aready with Gunny. Seems to be dedicated to getting as much money as possible into Bryan''s transfer budget. He was the only board member i saw around today