Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

COME ON CITY....

I cant wait till the season starts now. Gunn and co have done amazing on the transfer front, lets hope they all gel and we now have a great chance in this league. Credit goes to all involved this summer. Lets all get behing team Gunn and get us back up. I know not everyone is in favour of the manager but please suport the team and the club we all love.

ON THE BALL CITY..............

[quote user="Sparky"]

I cant wait till the season starts now. Gunn and co have done amazing on the transfer front, lets hope they all gel and we now have a great chance in this league. Credit goes to all involved this summer. Lets all get behing team Gunn and get us back up. I know not everyone is in favour of the manager but please suport the team and the club we all love.

[/quote]get 2 strikers in and i will be very optimistic about the new season [Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Sparky"]

[/quote]get 2 strikers in and i will be very optimistic about the new season [Y][/quote]

Totally agree. As impressive as this work is so far it will count for nothing if we don''t get two big strikers in as well. Lack of a target man was the downfall of Worthy, Grant and Roeder (amongst other things)...

Given that Maric is still considering his contract offer and Holt is in discussions, the chances seem reasonable and Lee is still a fall-back if one of these goes wrong.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Sparky"]

[/quote]get 2 strikers in and i will be very optimistic about the new season [Y][/quote]

Lets see how the players gel and if Gunn can make a substitution when it''s needed before we get carried away but as i have said previously on other threads Gunn was not my choice as manager but he is sticking to his promises about building a team of contracted players,agree about the two forwards CTID,get in Holt and Maric or Holt and 1 other and the squad will at least have a fighting chance!!

BG has done a really good job in the market this close season so far - assuming the signings deliver the goods. Perhaps he didn''t think much of what was on the bench last term and hence his hesitentcy.