Sign in to follow this  
Tookie140

Tom Cleverley

The City boss may also consider swooping for one of United''s starlets, with Tom Cleverley, who was on loan at League One Leicester City last season, rumoured to be a target.

Gunn admitted he would be looking to hold talks with United reserve team boss Solskjaer very soon.

“We will be having a chat and there might be a text message going to the Far East as well,” said Gunn.

Any good?

Looks pretty decent on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Cleverley

Nominated for player of the year and called up to first team etc.  Would be surprised if we could get him.

Also not sure this is the area of the team we need to be strengthening and would rather see our Tom A get games ahead of Man U youngsters. 

[quote user="rjwc22"]

Nominated for player of the year and called up to first team etc.  Would be surprised if we could get him.

Also not sure this is the area of the team we need to be strengthening and would rather see our Tom A get games ahead of Man U youngsters. 

[/quote]Totally agreed here.  Would have thought a striker or winger was more useful with 5 in CM for next season already - Hughes, Gill, OTJ, Pattison and Adeyemi.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]What makes you think that 5''9 TC plays in CM?He plays on either wing, and I think we need someone like him on the left allowing Hoolahan to move behind the strikers.

Very good player, bight light weight but played a role in helping us gain promotion. I''m surprised we haven''t signed him or loaned him in again.

But I''m still hoping he will be on his way to the walkers again - he would come back in a flash that''s for sure, loved it here (as did all our loan players) and came back several times after his loan expired due to injury to support the club.

If you do get him on loan however, he will be a quality addition, it wont be on a permanent deal because Fergie rates the lad and would want big money.

bit*

and come to think of it, i''m sure Fergie said that he wants to loan him out to a championship club next season instead of League one to see how he develops and if he has any chance of making it at Old Trafford (which he definately won''t, despite him being good).

So i imagine your chances of getting him are low unless no CCC clubs have came in for him and league one is obviously better than reserve footy, and as i say i''m surprised Pearson hasn''t brought him back yet.

I''m sure i could have condensed them 2 posts into about 10 words, but oh well ;)

On the left and behind the strikers would assume a 4-3-3 formation. Not likely.  We also showed good width with 4-4-2 with McVeigh and Hoolahan on Saturday, so why change that formation?[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]What makes you think that 5''9 TC plays in CM?He plays on either wing, and I think we need someone like him on the left allowing Hoolahan to move behind the strikers.[/quote]

This one on loan here, that one on loan there, let''s see how many clubs can develop Man Utd youngsters who will never make their first team.

We can train them, coach them, give them experience (at the detriment of our own youngsters) pay their wages (or a good bit of it), increase their value so that we can''t afford them and then try to find an adequate replacement when they go back home.

This wonderful loan system does us the world of good doesn''t it!

Let''s invest in our own players.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]This one on loan here, that one on loan there, let''s see how many clubs can develop Man Utd youngsters who will never make their first team. We can train them, coach them, give them experience (at the detriment of our own youngsters) pay their wages (or a good bit of it), increase their value so that we can''t afford them and then try to find an adequate replacement when they go back home. This wonderful loan system does us the world of good doesn''t it! Let''s invest in our own players.[/quote]

Or Maybe he is far better than any player we could ever imagine attracting on a full time contract.Has a briiliant season, helps get us promoted .Goes bk to united,after helping us go up to the championship where we will earn how much millions more than if we stay in this league?

Exactly!!!!! We have signed what 11 new players this summer, we have the makings of a half decent squad with the mix of youth and experience, so why not actually use the loan system in the spirit that it was intended and supplement the squad with talented players who need experience they can''t get with their own club. I know Roeder made a mess of the club, the team spirit and wasted a hell of a lot of money with his policy of loan signings but let''s not throw the baby out with the bath water, we''ve got almost a full squad of players permanently contracted to the club, so why not get a couple of decent youngsters in? I certainly wouldn''t be complaining if we got another player like Ched, Hucks, Crouch or Bertrand.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I think Danny Simpson played on the right wing, now he''s a decent player, was on loan at Blackburn last season and has spent spells at Sunderland and Ipswich in recent seasons[/quote]It was Danny Simpson''s brother I think (Danny is a defender), not sure of his name.

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I think Danny Simpson played on the right wing, now he''s a decent player, was on loan at Blackburn last season and has spent spells at Sunderland and Ipswich in recent seasons[/quote]

It was Danny Simpson''s brother I think (Danny is a defender), not sure of his name.
[/quote]

He looked decent whoever he was, very good positional play as well, drifted right out onto the byline during the second half and gave Drury a real run around, set up their goal and a couple of other good chances, you could just see that he was going to do some damage eventually.

Brian Gunn''s Dermatologist wrote:

Exactly!!!!! We have signed what 11 new players this summer, we have the makings of a half decent squad with the mix of youth and experience, so why not actually use the loan system in the spirit that it was intended and supplement the squad with talented players who need experience they can''t get with their own club. I know Roeder made a mess of the club, the team spirit and wasted a hell of a lot of money with his policy of loan signings but let''s not throw the baby out with the bath water, we''ve got almost a full squad of players permanently contracted to the club, so why not get a couple of decent youngsters in? I certainly wouldn''t be complaining if we got another player like Ched, Hucks, Crouch or Bertrand.

Oh dear, oh dear. What on earth do you think the loan system was brought in for? To help Manchester United get more even more money? What happens to these players after they are coached, trained, given experience, had their wages paid and then told they are not going to be good enough for United? They are transferred to other clubs for far more money than they ever would have been without the loan. A good example is Frazier Campbell. United signed him, loaned him to Royal Antwerp, loaned him to Hull, loaned him to Spurs and have now sold him for M£3.5 to Sunderland. And how many matches did he play for United? Two! Develop a player by using the loan system and make money. Is this the spirit that was intended? The loan system was supposed to help clubs in need not to act as a vehicle for the richest clubs to make even more cash.